Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

cross faction guild chat

SciFiGeekette

Once again, there are plenty of options out there for chat. Programs such as TS3 even have a mobile app version, so you can even chat with your guild while out and about. THAT would make more sense for your needs.

To have in-game cross-faction chat would be pretty much totally against 95% of the lore of this game - it's only in the last couple of updates that there has been a cross-faction storyline. And the problem with letting anyone have cross-faction is that anyone who is still on the original stories would still be able to have access to it.

Let's try to preserve some of the basis of Star Wars - Empire v Republic - and not let it turn into a free-for-all. If you want cross-server chat so badly, there are plenty of options available. To refuse to use them to help you out is just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Edited by CrazyCT

• 4 weeks later...

To support the original poster, i would like to say that linking two guilds together if they are run by the same person but on different factions is actually quite possible. There is already a option to make/join a custom channel. You don't see the channel until you join it. Apply that concept to Cross faction Guild Chat and it eliminates most of the problems to Cross faction guild Chat in previous posts. Yes there is TS and Mumble and what not, but not everyone's computer's can handle the extra load/strain that would be put on them. However, i would like to add that if the Cross Guild Chat was incorporated into the already existing guild chat then each character's name will have the name of the faction they are on at the moment right next to their name like with the instances. IF you can not understand what i mean, then here is a example:

[Guild] [Cassy] [Republic] : Hello :)

[Guild] [Robert098] [imperial]: Hello Cassy, feel like doing an OP?

[Guild] [Cassy] [Republic]: Sure, what side?

Although i am not a game developer and don't know what kind of coding nightmare or money problems might follow this, i do know that this idea can actually help a lot of people.

IF you are going by whether or not it is against the Game lore, then please remember that this idea is about ease of communication between members of the same guild but across different factions.

Another option to consider is one that was mentioned in a previous post. Cross faction Guilds instead of Chat. Mind you, a lot of guilds out there are Role play guilds, Player vs environment guilds, and Player vs player guilds. in some RP guilds whose Guild RP story line involves both factions, Having a Cross faction Guild would be a God send.

Now to take it a step further and promote actually going to the other faction's planets would require a lot of thought time, man power, and money to make it possible since I have seen in some other posts on this Forum people state that Bio ware does not have enough staff, money, or time to implement a lot of the ideas and suggestions put forward by the people who play the game.

Edited by Jeroslight

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to re-push this suggestion. My guildies and I have been really wishing there could be cross-faction chat.

Cross-faction guilds would be even better, but at least consider enable us to chat with our sister guild. Just today, we kept missing each because we were switching back and forth; cross-faction chat would have helped a lot.

Additionally, KotFE seems esp suited to this new feature please.

I Second this as well, but I think they also need to just add Cross Faction /tells, and leading into another feature they should add would BE AMAZING, and one of a kind type feature, FACTION Change, using the Dark / light points... ill walk you through how it would work.

So. You create a character like normal, choose your class. Looks what ever, none of that changes. But,

Once you are in game, and at level 50 or w/e maybe earlier I don’t know. But you start out as neutral like you do now. As you level your dark or light side points. Say your a Jedi knight Guardian, you level to Dark 5, there is a Quest guy on the fleet, a "spy" / sympathizer if you will, who offers you a quest chain to change to the imperial alliance, and vise versa if your a imperial wanting to go to Rebel.

you Do the Quest or quests , "they could make it awesome" or very simple, but you level to Dark 5 as a Jedi knight or w/e and you have the choice to change to a Sith Warrior Juggernaut,

Now if you’re wondering about this "WHAT ABOUT BOUNTY HUNTERS, SMUGGLERS, TROOPERS, and AGENTS, Cause obviously with the warrior/knight and inquisitor and consular they just change to the other, but this is the awesome part.

If your a Trooper, and do this, you stay a trooper. WHICH IS AWESOME, the reason I say you should be past 50 to do this cause you cant do the Class quests as a Imperial Trooper lol, so that’s why it should be that way, it would be awesome, A Imperial Smuggler, Trooper, and Rebel Spy and Bounty hunters, cause there are these types of classes.

The Key thing to remember , is it will NOT conflict with the main story line, cause if they do it so you HAVE to complete your story line to do this, that’s even better, but either way is fine with me, and that would be the easiest way they can do it,

This is why also I think they should have Cross Faction PST, if you make friends, and then change faction you should be able to talk to them anyway, but not only that.... for sales reasons..... We should be able to run all the new content with the opposite faction, that’s one thing they really should take out of the SWG "Star Wars Galaxies book".

Please support this idea, because not only would it give the community more to do, it would let us do more cross faction PVP events. contacting the opposite faction instead of having to log onto an alt that is the opposite faction to set up player events, and lets be honest, since there is no cross faction chat ATM, besides /Say /Spatial, our factions sit on the fleet and talk crap to each other, when they could be fighting with the opposite faction instead of each other. I know there is always going to be Trolls that are just jerks cause they can be, but this will add more to our community in a positive Way, CHEERS,

DarthSpeedForce

To support the original poster, i would like to say that linking two guilds together if they are run by the same person but on different factions is actually quite possible. There is already a option to make/join a custom channel. You don't see the channel until you join it. Apply that concept to Cross faction Guild Chat and it eliminates most of the problems to Cross faction guild Chat in previous posts. Yes there is TS and Mumble and what not, but not everyone's computer's can handle the extra load/strain that would be put on them. However, i would like to add that if the Cross Guild Chat was incorporated into the already existing guild chat then each character's name will have the name of the faction they are on at the moment right next to their name like with the instances. IF you can not understand what i mean, then here is a example:

[Guild] [Cassy] [Republic] : Hello :)

[Guild] [Robert098] [imperial]: Hello Cassy, feel like doing an OP?

[Guild] [Cassy] [Republic]: Sure, what side?

Although i am not a game developer and don't know what kind of coding nightmare or money problems might follow this, i do know that this idea can actually help a lot of people.

IF you are going by whether or not it is against the Game lore, then please remember that this idea is about ease of communication between members of the same guild but across different factions.

Another option to consider is one that was mentioned in a previous post. Cross faction Guilds instead of Chat. Mind you, a lot of guilds out there are Role play guilds, Player vs environment guilds, and Player vs player guilds. in some RP guilds whose Guild RP story line involves both factions, Having a Cross faction Guild would be a God send.

Now to take it a step further and promote actually going to the other faction's planets would require a lot of thought time, man power, and money to make it possible since I have seen in some other posts on this Forum people state that Bio ware does not have enough staff, money, or time to implement a lot of the ideas and suggestions put forward by the people who play the game.

[NeutralChat] [Republic] [/color]: Hello

[NeutralChat] [Robert098] [imperial]: Hello Cassy, feel like doing an OP?

[NeutralChat] [Cassy] [Republic]: Sure, what side?

i get what you mean and yea it would be cool. but Connecting guilds on opposite factions is too much work and not enough of what they could do.... Just ADD cross Faction PST/ Cross FAction /cjoin chat channels. .. that would solve everything, it would be alot of work to go through the programing and create a system to Connect Guilds from opposite factions and kinda pointless in the big picture, cause what you posted is easily handled by the fixed suggestion i proposed, but i like your thinking :) Cheers

Edited by Foreignobjects

EQ2 started out with a strong division between realms (Qeynos, the happy good city) and ...whatever that other city was. Oh yeah, Freeport. Senior moment there for a second.

Anyway, there was no cross-faction mail, even when you owned both toons. There was no joining guilds created in opposite-aligned cities (the guards would kill you when you tried to enter).

And so on. Well, surprise, one day they got around all that. Suddenly alignment/faction didn't matter any more, and anyone could join any guild, use the mail, chat, all that. Sony even put in a way for opposite-aligned guilds to get into each other's cities and avoid getting attacked by the guards by making people run through the sewer system (eventually there was a guild recall ability, where as long as you got to your guild hall one time, you could then just teleport there from then on).

That's an example of a game with strong separation between factions that somehow decided to overcome the technical challengers of allowing cross-faction guilds. They could do it here, too.

sony after everquest. obviously did SWG star wars galaxies. which had all this. cross factionguilds/chat. open world chat, neutral faction, everything, but yea everquest started also the division part of it too, which it works, but, its became kinda at this point just pointless the way they are making the expansions, cross faction as well. so why not do this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.