The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[PVP] Combat Tech vs Eliminator

Krozis

I know the common thought on Powertech PVP is to get Eliminator for Pyro builds.

But I enjoy AP quite a bit, and I realize that running Combat Tech is more helpful in two ways: 1- The bonus to Carbonize, and 2- bonus to Rocket Punch crit.

Meanwhile Eliminator just gives us the Rail shot bonus crit.

The bread and butter of Pyro is Rail shot so this makes sense, but obviously Eliminator only helps us with that bonus.

What's your take on it? How many of you run two sets? How many of you just stick with one or the other?

Eliminator for Pyro, Combat Tech for AP.

The railshot crit bonus is a waste in AP due to charged gauntlets proccing a 100% crit on RS. Plus, it's helpful to have two complete sets as I tend to favor power when I run pyro, and crit when I run AP.

I guess I was hoping to get away with one set for both specs in PVP, and even the limited PVE I do.

I can see it's not possible. Plus I'm re-modding my warhero out and there just isn't enough time in the day to do all this stuff (plus it gets expensive!)

I'm now just swapping armourings out depending on my mood... AP or Pyro. So I keep my pants as Combat Tech, and just swap 3 other armourings when I want to go AP.

Kind of a clunky system, but it's all we've got I suppose. It's just too impractical for me to have 2 min/maxed sets of armour.

Heck I even use this min/max set in PVE. :)

Just wish there was another way that was less.... awkward and pricey. (IE: It would be easier to swap armour pieces as a whole rather than swap armourings every respec!)