Forum Paradoxes

Capt_Beers

I feel like I see the same paradoxes on these forums everyday:

- I'm stunlocked the entire match BUT I can never stun anyone.

- Everyone they play against in fully min/maxed augmented WH (full teams even) BUT The grind for fully min/maxed augmented WH takes forever and is no fun and no one wants to do it.

- Nerf Operatives BUT Operatives are lame and no one wants them.

- Lowbie PvP is all about skill and is balanced BUT twinks are ruining lowbie PvP.

- Premades with voice are unfair BUT if you're having a hard time start a premade with voice.

Any other contradictions you have noticed?

Thread A, numerous posters: Sents and Mauraders are so overpowerd compared to my <insert any class here> and so easy to play, it's not fair.

Thread B, numerous posters: I destroy Sents and Mauraders on my <insert any class here> , I chew them up and spit them out like they're nothing, except a few that really know what they're doing, then I might lose.

I feel like I see the same paradoxes on these forums everyday...

Lol. I notice these same paradoxes all the time. I think it comes from simple flaws in how human perception works. There IS a name for this phenomena, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Anyway, people don't notice all the times that they kill or CC other people. Nor do they have any way to access the information about how frequently it's occurring on a "global" scale in the game. So, because failure is inevitable in even a well balanced PvP game, and most people get frustrated when they fail at something, tons of players only take a moment to analyse their data when frustration snaps them out of their "battle fugue."

My favorite is when people claim to know information they could not possibly know. Like, "I know I've been CC'd more than every other player that's ever played in any game ever." Lol. Sure, buddy. Believe whatever makes you happy, even if it's making you miserable.

- Everyone they play against in fully min/maxed augmented WH (full teams even)

BUT The grind for fully min/maxed augmented WH takes forever and is no fun and no one wants to do it.

That's not a paradox, that's the difference between regular/casual players and angry 13 year olds with low-self esteem and no life that have nothing better to do than grind grind grind and grief grief grief.

Everyone's rolling the new FOTM Smashers/PTs/insertwhateverclasshere, but we all rolled ours at game launch.

Orly :rak_02:

Someone had to. Powertechs became FOTM out of a chain reaction. Saying nobody was a pyro powertech at launch is within itself a contradiciton, else nobody should be one now.

Someone was. I wasn't, but I play AP and have since... wait for it... launch. And I've been in love with it for like 2 years before the game came out sooo......