Returning Player with a couple of questions

Idexicon

Hi everyone. I'm a returning player who is just about to hit the AC wall and I was wondering if I could ask for some advice:

Just to give a bit of background to frame myself as a player regarding choice: I've almost always played a healer in MMOs and I do enjoy it, but I would love to go a little into DPS. I also almost exclusively PVE. So here are my questions:

If I go Sorcerer - Is their DPS OK for endgame (I don't care about being faceroll, just good enough)? I'm sure I'll always run into people who say "LOL Y U NO HEALZ" but being able to pump out good DPS will at least temper it a bit.

If I go Assassin - basically the same question. Is there going to be the "why are you not a tank" spam all over the place.

Any help would be much appreciated.

most people understand that lightning is fun and won't expect you to be heals and the damage and utility is good, not as popular as some others but you can hold your own. assassins will get more funny looks when they dont spec tank, but it's not unheard of either. for pve there's really no reason not to do sorc, particularly if you want to dabble with both damage and heals.

Both are viable for DPS, it's more a matter of whether you want to be rooted nuking enemies, or almost exclusively melee range. They both have their utilities, sorcs can bubble themselves and others and self heal in a pinch (including a free self heal every 30 seconds). Assassins can stealth, which includes stealth cc and rez, and have a small resource pool that regenerates quickly. Also since they're a tank class they can taunt, which can really help with the mechanics for one boss in Explosive Conflict.

I feel like assassins have the easier rotation to learn for tanking and burst trees. The dot tree for both classes is pretty much the same, except the sorcs in my guild swear that full madness isn't as good as speccing into lightning until you get lightning barrage, something like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zf0rzbZfMbRsdkrs.2

So I would say sorc is better for ranged and if you want to do a DOT build, I don't think the assassin madness build is nearly as good as the sorc's capabilities, so you're stuck with single target burst or tanking. Not a bad idea to go assassin if you want to get into tanking in the future, they're arguably the best tank class in the game. And likewise sorcs are great healers, and you don't necessarily need a second set of armor to respec into heals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.