Sent on Combat - NEED MORE DPS!

KnightGreg

I've tested the difference in using Cauterize in a "non"-burst moment (yes I checked the logs) but on my gear and my level of dps it is slightly lowering it. I also curious who else has a 2k parse obtained normally. (Not some Anni/Marauder who is parsing 2k while a jugg is smashing the armor debuff on the ops dummy, yes i noticed that -_-).

I've hit 2k for about 2-3 mins, but I can't maintain it for a 10 minute parse.

Anyhow, Cauterize is netting me about 40-50 lower dps : (

It does take getting used to...

Could be, but the only sensable move to where put cauterize is at:

1. just when you finished your burst.

2. just before you begin with your burst.

Announce burst that it will begin with a precision slash and a following serie of powerful attacks.

To put it into the burst isnt reasonable since it's totally not one of the most powerful things you have as a combat sent.

Though I´ve been thinking about it and reading the other posts about accuracy and my theory is the following:

When on low melee accuracy (hence <100% all included) it is worthy to try cauterize. Cauterize is a force attack which automatically increases it's acc of thát attack to +10% of your current gear. It will avoid a missing "blade rush" just by replacing it with a cauterize in a non-burst time and fill the gap.

When on high melee accuracy (hence >>>100% ) it seems it's not worthy since blade rush is far more accurate.

Also a note about accuracy and perhaps all stats depending on `chance´. It's a percentage. I've tested with stuff even above 110% accuracy but it doesn't assure you will have a 0% miss chance! Concluding that a +1% on for example accuracy, will only be noted when you have made around 10 parsers of atleast 10 minutes long! But even then it´s quite a guess. I refer here to the simple stochastic idea to comprehend those stats a little bit more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it! Fui I pulled out some Power ad put it in Crit leaving my base Crit at 30.44% unbuffed and unstimmed. I also ran a 5 min dps run after this change resulting in 1391 dps on the Ops Dummy and this was without Inspiration, adrenals, buffs, or a stim. I still don't have Zen in my QSs. Is it really worth it to use as often as said? And if so where should I put it in relation to my QS bar?

This is a pic of my Quickslot Bar.

http://www.enjin.com/profile/2403370/pics/detail/album_id/156223#pid=1161444

HOLY LORD! I just put Zen in my rotation, like really high up, and my dps went from 1391 to 1486 and 1533 on 2 separate runs! Everyone, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! I also removed the 2 points from Insight and put them in Swelling Winds and took both points out of Debilitation and put them in Valor.

EDIT: Mind you that was unbuffed and unstimmed without Inspiration or Adrenals.

On a separate note: I'm currently rocking 6 Overkill Aug 22's (18 Power and 12 End), 2 Crit Aug 22's (18 Crit and 12 End), and 6 Might Aug 22's (18 Str and 12 End). Any thoughts on swapping out Augs?

Edited by KnightGreg

HOLY LORD! I just put Zen in my rotation, like really high up, and my dps went from 1391 to 1486 and 1533 on 2 separate runs! Everyone, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! I also removed the 2 points from Insight and put them in Swelling Winds and took both points out of Debilitation and put them in Valor.

EDIT: Mind you that was unbuffed and unstimmed without Inspiration or Adrenals.

On a separate note: I'm currently rocking 6 Overkill Aug 22's (18 Power and 12 End), 2 Crit Aug 22's (18 Crit and 12 End), and 6 Might Aug 22's (18 Str and 12 End). Any thoughts on swapping out Augs?

Get rid of the crit and put in either Strength or Power.

Here's a parse of my sent using Cauterize frequently, and here is a parse (taken on the same day) of my sent not using Cauterize at all. There's nearly a 40 point difference in DPS (specifically looking at the 360 second mark) and I'm sure the gap would widen if I had more practice.

You linked two parses, not two sets, but two simple parses. Good streak, bad streak, those things love to mess up such simple parses. Just like that,first parse, with Cauterize, has 67,21 more DPS from abilities that should be unaffected by replacing single BR with cauterize(everything other than BR, Cauterize and Ataru). That, if anything, means total contribution of performed Blade Rushes in first parse is greater than total contribution of performed BRs and Cauterizes in second by 20 DPS(in favour of second parse).

And obviously, this is parse on dummy, without armor debuff. It might be small advantage if your weapons are lagging behind rest of your gear and as a result Force Power provides more damage than weapons, but in ops, with balanced gear, if there is difference, it works against Cauterize.

Edited by Elear

You linked two parses, not two sets, but two simple parses. Good streak, bad streak, those things love to mess up such simple parses. Just like that,first parse, with Cauterize, has 67,21 more DPS from abilities that should be unaffected by replacing single BR with cauterize(everything other than BR, Cauterize and Ataru). That, if anything, means total contribution of performed Blade Rushes in first parse is greater than total contribution of performed BRs and Cauterizes in second by 20 DPS(in favour of second parse).

And obviously, this is parse on dummy, without armor debuff. It might be small advantage if your weapons are lagging behind rest of your gear and as a result Force Power provides more damage than weapons, but in ops, with balanced gear, if there is difference, it works against Cauterize.

Those two linked parses are intended as examples as opposed to definitive proof. That said, in practice, I have only seen dps gains from using Cauterize on Dummy parses and actual boss fights.

I've tested the difference in using Cauterize in a "non"-burst moment (yes I checked the logs) but on my gear and my level of dps it is slightly lowering it. I also curious who else has a 2k parse obtained normally. (Not some Anni/Marauder who is parsing 2k while a jugg is smashing the armor debuff on the ops dummy, yes i noticed that -_-).

Nice Jab at me.

This is using Rupture in my rotation, 5m 40s long parse on dummy, carnage spec (Combat mirror). 2006 dps. No armor penn debuff.

http://www.torparse.com/a/35275/4

Just pointing out, that rupture accounts for ~145 of my total DPS.. that's quite a bit.

Rupture/Cauterize is a good thing to be using in your rotation, personally, I use it before every gore window/berserk window. Burst + dot damage = Win!

Awesome for use in Boss Fights as well. Definitely no reason not to use it.

Edited by IAmViiOLENT