Power Vs. Str Augment

ChickenPho

I have 30% crit chance (with smuggler buff) and 76-77% crit multiplier and then stacking power. I have 18 Power/12 End augments in all 14 of my slots. Was thinking about going 18 Str/12 End augments and hoping to get higher crit chance and then replace a high crit chance mod with a power one. Would that be a better use of my itemization? Going for min crit chance and trying to stack power (30% is lowest I want).

I have 30% crit chance (with smuggler buff) and 76-77% crit multiplier and then stacking power. I have 18 Power/12 End augments in all 14 of my slots. Was thinking about going 18 Str/12 End augments and hoping to get higher crit chance and then replace a high crit chance mod with a power one. Would that be a better use of my itemization? Going for min crit chance and trying to stack power (30% is lowest I want).

The difference is incredibly minimal. That being said, my actual listed damage is higher with all Power Augments than it is with all Strength Augments.

After testing several rounds on dummies using the same rotation, my damage is always slightly higher with the Power Augments. Using them in PvP doesn't generate reliable feedback because there are too many variables.

Best suggestion I can give is this. If you're Watchman or Focus spec, use all Power. Better damage in general consistency. If you're Combat, which relies more heavily on crits, use Strength.

All of my testing was prior to 1.4, but I don't believe anything has changed. Regardless, if you're searching for a consensus on the forums, you will not find one.

Post above me is wrong, but either way; the difference is very minimal. Statistically speaking no matter what your crit percentage currently is, strength augments are better but once again, it is a very very small difference.

WRONG.

You have that backwards, power is slightly more damage per point than strength. (.23 to .2)

WRONG.

You have that backwards, power is slightly more damage per point than strength. (.23 to .2)

Strength provides benefits to Crit (like the equivalent of .03 rating or percent, and Crit rating is like 1-1 with power) and double dips from the Consular and Knight buffs.

Strength augments > Power all day every day.

Strength provides benefits to Crit (like the equivalent of .03 rating or percent, and Crit rating is like 1-1 with power) and double dips from the Consular and Knight buffs.

Strength augments > Power all day every day.

Yet you only aim for 30% crit, then modding using str/power mods accordingly.

Your argument might be true if a higher crit rating was desired, but that's not the case. 30% crit is easily obtainable without using strength augments.

Power augments > Strength augments all day everyday

Edited by axmarcusxa

Yet you only aim for 30% crit, then modding using str/power mods accordingly.

Your argument might be true if a higher crit rating was desired, but that's not the case. 30% crit is easily obtainable without using strength augments.

Power augments > Strength augments all day everyday

The more strength augments you have, the more crit mods and enhancements you're able to replace with power ones.

That said, 30% crit isn't even necessary in most situations (if you actually read my thread to the last 2 or 3 pages) because you will do roughly the same dps with 328 Crit rating as with 164 Crit rating, provided you make up the difference with Power Rating. This is all just from Mods and Enhancements.

Just going through the Character Builder on Ask Mr Robot Going from 14 Strength Augments to 14 Power I gained a meager 5 bonus damage and lost about .5% of crit.

Edit: As for my suggestion of being at around 30% unbuffed crit, my guide is written to be easy to understand and not be bogged down by confusing technicalities and complicated math, because really, the people that really care about the technicalities or math are already working on figuring it out themselves, or already have.

Edited by BlznSmri