PvE Rage Hybrid 13/0/28

NotRonin

Firstly, a disclaimer. I do not claim this as a better than pure Annihilation, Carnage or Rage. It is however an option for those who are bored with the pure tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRZZGMRrzfRbc.2

The build has Smash with Shockwave for multiple-target, and bleed damage for bosses. This allows you to clear HM FP and dailies very efficiently. Rage builders are not needed for trash due to the abundance in rage, and your bleed also gets 60% bonus whenever it crits.

The rotation is based on generating fury. for berserk. With the change to Shii-Choo form in 1.4, you get 12 rage everytime you berserk, and then you use them to build up 30 stack of fury ASAP. The rotation uses every good damage skill you have that isn't off CD, and all rotation starts off with Berserk. Please note that the first 3 second after berserk does not generate any fury, which is why ravage is used.

If Ravage is up :

Ravage -> Rupture|Deadly Saber -> Obliterate -> Smash -> Force Scream -> Battering Assault -> Vicious Slash x 3 -> Berserk

If Ravage is not up, replace it with Assault -> Vicious Slash, or Assault |Deadly Saber -> Assault. Vicious Slash can be replaced with Vicious Throw if it's up, and if you screw up you can use crippling strike (1 Rage) to build Fury.

My Marauder is still a 'work in progress'. Fully buffed, he sits at

2050 str

99.89% acc (annoying, but I can't justify using an acc augment just for 0.1% acc)

30% critical

75% surge

around 1170 weapon damage.

Still using a battlemaster offhand, 2 x Battlemaster relic (can't be bother to get WH), and the armoring on belt/bracer is not lvl 61.

My parse .

http://www.torparse.com/a/30010

See the third and fifth fight. The 4th one was done using a Crit/Surge relic intead of 103 power, leading to some dps loss. While it's not better, the damage is not too far behind a pure Annihilation/Carnage/Rage build.

Yeah, i tried this one out not long ago... but back then i was just bored and did it only in pvp. With some minor changes in points being spent, our buildups are almost identical and i can tell u, it sure confused the hell out of people when u first gave them a 5k smash and then suddenly heal urself with dots lol...

My stance was juyo most time because of damage increase but i did switch to shii-cho quite often depending on the situation, it basically came down what i needed more from zen/berserk, more self-heals or singularity/shockwaves for the next big sweep. After countless wzs i found it for myself very viable since u have some very nice bonus u can use from both worlds. But to have this i had to completely sacrifice both top skills of the trees and any points in combat/carnage tree i usually spend on. ( like the 30% aoe dmg reduction)

In the end it was like u said, hybrids in our class cant beat a *pure-spec in the long run damagewise... But its nothing wrong to experiment with the tools that was given to u since it still can be great fun and shows how really ur into it :)

The issue with this spec is that your bleed self heals are only really great when you have either:

-High passive crit % or

-Juyo form berserk, for auto crits

-Juyo form stacks (3% per stack for 15% increased bleed crit chance)

On the Rage side of it, Rage spec works best with little to no crit %, and pure power. You'd have to gear for around 30% passive crit to make the heals even worth it, and the dps / burst you lose from rage is pretty significant. On the whole I think the anni/carnage hybrid is more workable, but still inferior overall to pure specs. Kudos for trying something new though!

The issue with this spec is that your bleed self heals are only really great when you have either:

-High passive crit % or

-Juyo form berserk, for auto crits

-Juyo form stacks (3% per stack for 15% increased bleed crit chance)

On the Rage side of it, Rage spec works best with little to no crit %, and pure power. You'd have to gear for around 30% passive crit to make the heals even worth it, and the dps / burst you lose from rage is pretty significant. On the whole I think the anni/carnage hybrid is more workable, but still inferior overall to pure specs. Kudos for trying something new though!

^ spot on.