Help with Orange world sets

TurtleJoe

Hi i'm not really new to the game but I'm still pretty new to all the mechanics of the game and such. But my question was how exactly do you get the sets of gear that drop from specific planets, for example i'm currently trying to get the RD-12A Assault Chestguard that I am told you get randomly around Coruscant , so how exactly do I get this gear kill a certain am mount of mobs, keep killing one certain mob until it drops the gear, farm a certain chest? If it truly is just that I have to kill a certain mob over and over again what is the percentage of the gear dropping? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

My opinion is that you're better off watching the GTN and buying the sets rather than farming yourself, as world drops have usually very low drop rate so you may spend entire nights farming it and not getting what you want.

"Champion" level mobs are more likely to drop orange gear, since they have a "better" loot table than regular mobs, but again, it's all very random...

I snapped that up off the GTN a few weeks back, for a very nice price. The seller obviously didn't know what they were listing, or didn't care. I have only seen that piece worn by a few players. And it was the first time I remember ever seeing one listed on the GTN. It's a rare. The original item level is 12, with blue mods.

As for how to get another one, I'd like to know myself. But if I had to guess, I'd go with this

1) farm the Coruscant heriocs & elites for comms & buy artifact grade boxes

2) farm the world boss

3) kill every elite you stumble across for comms & the possible drop.

I'm having a hard time thinking of champs on Coruscant outside of just the one in the jedi temple - on the second floor

But I've seen a lot of rare drops from weaks as well. So it could come from anywhere.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Some of the gear is a reward for a specific Heroic or Class quest or comes from a Flashpoint, so that's the way to get those particular pieces.

The particular one you're looking for drops in the Justicar sector, off the elite/strong enemies there. Expect to spend a lot of time farming them.

Edited by ThatGnome

Hi i'm not really new to the game but I'm still pretty new to all the mechanics of the game and such. But my question was how exactly do you get the sets of gear that drop from specific planets, for example i'm currently trying to get the RD-12A Assault Chestguard that I am told you get randomly around Coruscant , so how exactly do I get this gear kill a certain am mount of mobs, keep killing one certain mob until it drops the gear, farm a certain chest? If it truly is just that I have to kill a certain mob over and over again what is the percentage of the gear dropping? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

some of the answers are here

http://tor-fashion.com/heroic-quest-gear-sets/

most of the sets are rewards for Heroics or can be obtained with planets' commendations

also have a look here

http://www.torhead.com/item/fCo9Y7G/rd-12a-assault-chestguard#comments

Yup, some database sites can tell you which heroics will drop some items. Check the commendation vendors, armor vendors and speciality vendors just in case. I spent a whole day killing the same mob on Balmorra trying to get a merc RD-15A chest and then found two were listed on the GTN.

It's a very random way to try but theres a broad range of orange items that can drop from treasure hunting lockbox missions.

I too was after that chest piece last week. I farmed the mob that the net said it could be found on and all I got was credits each kill. After about 8 kills of credits only, I decided my karma was just that bad. So, i spent way more then some would say was worth it on the GTN.

Though to me, I like each of my toons to have a specific look so it was worth it. Heck, I even pull out the mods from Columi and BH gear as IMO the styles are horrible. I loose the set bonuses by doing this, but I have the look I want. :)

• 4 weeks later...