Strange jittering since the 1.4 update

vonnrade

Hey guys, ever since the update I've been experiencing a strange jitter whenever I move my character or just turn the camera. I have read similar posts to mine and I understand that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Is there any valid solution?

Thank you.

Hey guys, ever since the update I've been experiencing a strange jitter whenever I move my character or just turn the camera. I have read similar posts to mine and I understand that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Is there any valid solution?

Thank you.

Someone posted this as a solution for those with NVidia cards. I don't know if it works but it did for him.

I just wanted to share what basically fixed my performance and graphics issues:

The PC I run SWTOR on has an i7 processor (2.2 GHz) and an Nvidia 540M card.

By setting the processor to run on more than one core by default and turning the power management preference in the Nvidia control panel to maximum, the stuttering and performance issues were primarily resolved. I have all settings on high, save for the shadows, which I put on low, though I'm not sure this makes a difference.

SWTOR still has performance issues for me, as WZs do not run even nearly has smoothly as they did before 1.4, but it is very much playable since making the above changes.

Thought I'd share for other Nvidia users, if you are still having performance issues.

Edit: I also downloaded the most recent driver for the graphics card.

There is also SWTOR-Unleashed which lets you tweak allot of performance enhancements depending on how much ram you have, to make a virtual hard drive that helps performance. Even though it has helped me and the performance is noticeably enhanced, I'm still getting those jitters you're talking about, in particular when I turn around, which isn't good for pvp play at all. I hope they fix that on the next update too.

Here's an article on SWTOR-Unleashed. Read my comment on it as it has updated information.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/10/swtor-unleashed-ramdisk-game-launcher-with-massive-performance-increase.html

Ah sorry I should've been more specific. My specs are;

Intel i7, 2.93GHz, graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 5750.

It really is a strange glitch. I thought I was the only one experiencing it when I first logged on since the update. Hopefully there will be a patch fix in the near future :)