Chevron Conglomerate Comms?

Tourmaline

i would like to see something where i could trade in those comms and the rakghoul dna, because i have a ton of them. maybe do something like that for the next event. that or bring back the vendors for a brief period of time.

also i wouldnt mind seeing the rakghoul event coming back, that was, imo, so much fun. the event on nar shaddaa was kind of lack luster and not as fun as i had hoped.

Edited by thatPERSON

I missed the Rakghoul event (I was playing, I just didn't log in), but I was here for the Chevin event and got two characters (the only two characters of sufficient level) through it.

But I am going to end up re-roling those two characters, so the titles and character-specific things that I got will end up being lost.

The time spent developing these things seems wasted if they are only used once, but as it is now, every time they use them fewer and fewer players will care.

After you get the title and the different stuff that you want for your characters, there is nothing left.

Maybe they should add mystery boxes to the item lists at different levels and of different qualities. That way you would be able to at least get some random gear, even if it was just stuff that you ended up putting on the GTN.

Or endgame crafting packs with those components (like the fleet and PvP vendors sell).

Or rare crafting schematics.

Or let people cash in event tokens for planetary comms at whatever rate (2 comms for 1 token for 'chapter 1 planets', even trade for 'chapter 2 planets' and 1 comm for two tokens for 'chapter 3 planets', for example).

Just some different things to give that player that already has all of the stuff from a particular event a reason to still believe that the event has something to offer them.

Just some different things to give that player that already has all of the stuff from a particular event a reason to still believe that the event has something to offer them.

i got everything i wanted out of both events (actually, i kinda wish i had more of those black/green crystals) and didn't feel ripped off. i ran through the rakghoul event on 3 toons and the Chevron one on 5. of course, that's just me. there was always the option to sell the DNA/comms to other players who wanted them and make a little cash on the side as well if you already bought everything you wanted with them.

i got everything i wanted out of both events (actually, i kinda wish i had more of those black/green crystals) and didn't feel ripped off. i ran through the rakghoul event on 3 toons and the Chevron one on 5. of course, that's just me. there was always the option to sell the DNA/comms to other players who wanted them and make a little cash on the side as well if you already bought everything you wanted with them.

So you don't think that adding some sort of repeatable purchase has any value because when you ran it the one and only time that it was available you could sell a few of the extra tokens to other people?

What happens when those other people have all gotten everything that they could want? What worked for you one time may not work for you after it has been done two or three or ten times.

If they can add some repeatable value it is nothing but a good thing (assuming that they plan these events as repeatable, but if they do not, it goes back into "why spend the time and resources developing things that will only be available to the players for a short time?".

So you don't think that adding some sort of repeatable purchase has any value because when you ran it the one and only time that it was available you could sell a few of the extra tokens to other people?

What happens when those other people have all gotten everything that they could want? What worked for you one time may not work for you after it has been done two or three or ten times.

If they can add some repeatable value it is nothing but a good thing (assuming that they plan these events as repeatable, but if they do not, it goes back into "why spend the time and resources developing things that will only be available to the players for a short time?".

as far as i've seen, people only buy the amount of DNA/coms that they need for the item that they want. so they don't have extras afterwards. so they don't get stuck with that problem. there's always a lot of people looking to buy them the last couple days of the event, so it's not really hard to find people to sell to, especially if you mark down your sell price.

i don't really see why they should add a repeatable value to them unless they plan on running the event over again in the future. it's not their fault if some player decided to be hoard the comms instead of spend, sell, or give them away before the shops disappear. live and learn.

i don't really see why they should add a repeatable value to them unless they plan on running the event over again in the future. it's not their fault if some player decided to be hoard the comms instead of spend, sell, or give them away before the shops disappear. live and learn.

My whole premise was that they recycle this content in the future.

That's what I said in my post.

Yeah, no one really cares if they add some lockboxes if the average run is going to give someone enough for a couple of rewards off of a list of a dozen with options to grind more tokens for some of the other stuff.

But after they spend the time and energy designing these events, it's largely a waste if they are never used again.

That's why I suggested recycling them and adding some repeatable reward value.