The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Tech (Tank) CC

MrSchmo

Do Powertech Tanks ever get a CC ability? On my Shadow tank I had a mezz which made doing Heroics 2&4 a breeze. But I'm sitting at lvl 30 without a single cc ability. Do we get one, if so when? If not, whats the reason behind it?

One more thing, do I ever get more taunts then the single dart and the aoe dart?

Thanks for any info.

Do Powertech Tanks ever get a CC ability? On my Shadow tank I had a mezz which made doing Heroics 2&4 a breeze. But I'm sitting at lvl 30 without a single cc ability. Do we get one, if so when? If not, whats the reason behind it?

One more thing, do I ever get more taunts then the single dart and the aoe dart?

Thanks for any info.

No powertechs do not get a CC ability; assassins are the odd one out (in a good way) as they are the only one of three tank classes with a mezz.

You also won't get any more taunts, though additional taunts are hardly necessary as you will not be losing aggro to a boss every 15 seconds.

the above two posters are absoultely correct.

down the road Mako does get a minor CC though. I recommend keybinding it as it can be crucial when soloing dailies / heroics (even though it is short)

Thanks for the heads up. I do think she has it now so I'll have to keep an eye in it.

In other weird news, I think it was you who made me rename my character. My original shadow was Apotheosis, now he is just Apotheo. Not to often I run into the man who forced my name change. Which worked out for te best as i like the shorter version now.