Achievied Omnipresence today.

Paladrone

Had a strange, slightly crippling yet hilarious bug on The Harbinger server Saturday.

So on Saturday I got together with my friends for our weekly Star Wars game. We finished off Corellia, and the Consular's story line (my Trooper and our groups Smuggler had already finished our stories). Then we hit Carrick station, and piled aboard our Jedi Knight's ship to finish his class quest. Which was easy enough. The problem began when trying to leave the planet.

As normal, instead of ending up on the Jedi Knights ship, I was back on my Thunderclap. However, when I tried to access the Galaxy map, I was told I didn't have permission to use it. Looking up at the story instance, it said I was in the Jedi Knights instead of mine. Both the Consular and Smuggler had the same problem. This isn't the weird part.

So I tried relogging, while the other two tried leaving the group. I ended up back on my ship, while the other two got punted back down to the planet, then re-entered their ships. All three of us found ourselves back on our ships, but still stranded, as every interactable item had dissapeared. The Galaxy Map, the Holocom, our Companions, even the exits (in fact, while my ship still had a non-clickable door, the smuggler just had the inky void of space.) This isn't the weird part.

The weird part is that the General chat for the Trooper ship started popping up messages from people suprised to find someone else on their ship. It was only after I recieved tells asking how I did it, and people dropping my character name in chat did I realize, even though I couldn't see anyone, I was visible on EVERY OTHER TROOPERS SHIP. At the same time. The Smuggler and Consular did not seem to share this part of the bug. They were able to relog and regain access to thier ships controls, relogging did nothing for me. And I couldn't fleet pass because it was on cool down. So I logged out for the day, waiting for the cooldown to end. Fortunatly, when I logged on today, I found the problem solved.

Thought it a story worth sharing though.

The weird part is that the General chat for the Trooper ship started popping up messages from people suprised to find someone else on their ship. It was only after I recieved tells asking how I did it, and people dropping my character name in chat did I realize, even though I couldn't see anyone, I was visible on EVERY OTHER TROOPERS SHIP. At the same time. The Smuggler and Consular did not seem to share this part of the bug. They were able to relog and regain access to thier ships controls, relogging did nothing for me. And I couldn't fleet pass because it was on cool down. So I logged out for the day, waiting for the cooldown to end. Fortunatly, when I logged on today, I found the problem solved.

Thought it a story worth sharing though.

Very strange. I know one of the issues I've had since 1.4 is losing the ability to interact with anything NPCs/mission terminals, until I restart the client (re-logging or logging onto another toon just continues the problem).

But it hasn't elevated me to godhood...... yet. :D