World PvP: Dying Should Mean Something

DkSharktooth

Current Design: Oh I died, so what, I'll just respawn and get back in it.

Suggestion Improvement: If people were aware that dying had some kind of valor, exp, item loss, credit loss, world pvp tower capture points lost, or some sort of loss that would make people think a little harder about what they are doing, I think the system could be more respected instead of laughed at.

Current Design: Oh I died, so what, I'll just respawn and get back in it.

Suggestion Improvement: If people were aware that dying had some kind of valor, exp, item loss, credit loss, world pvp tower capture points lost, or some sort of loss that would make people think a little harder about what they are doing, I think the system could be more respected instead of laughed at.

NO. There already is a penalty. Interruption of our quest, waiting for the respawn timer if we've already been killed recently by players, or going back to the med center before the quest in the area is complete.

You really think people's experience will be better by losing out on credits, XP or items when you die after getting jumped by someone while fighting mobs or low on health, or by multiple players, or someone better geared, or simply a better player? It would be absurd to have an extra penalty for PVP death.

The real problem with SWTOR's PVP is that the engine can't handle anything resembling a large scale battle.

Edited by RAVM