Interrupt Issues - Is this a bug?

Diaboyos

So a group of us went to the Pilgrim tonight. During the fight I kept noticing that my interrupts weren't interrupting. Then I found out why they weren't.

Apparently our interrupts work like our rockets. Our rockets have an instant cast but don't actually do damage until they hit the target. If we're at range (which is where mercs are) it can take up to like 2 seconds for them to hit. Likewise, our interrupts don't actually interrupt until they reach the target because it's shot out like some sort of rocket.

During the Pilgrim fight you need to interrupt a move that has a whopping 1 second cast time. My interrupts could never reach the target in that one second. Unfortunately there were 5 mercs in the group and we ended up having to stand on the boss for our interrupts to be close enough to actually interrupt.

Is this working as intended? Bugged? Do the Sniper or Sorc interrupts rely on distance to target to work or are they actually instant?

Same thing with CC.

Same thing with missile blast.

Target a group and they're hitting you before your opening attack has landed.

I even had a group of mobs in BH aggro me at max range the other day because I clicked my shield while having them targeted.

The biggest problem I have with it is in terms of CC, while I can see how interrupt can also be effected in a big way.

For the most part I don't mind it so much, except that when you fire an ability the target mob reacts instantly. Though you have to wait for the round to reach target. I made a video of it a while back. Target an undisturbed mob. Fire off CC as your opening move and the mob instantly attacks you before CC even hits.

In terms of interrupt ... that's just bad.

They made the sorc/sage KB instant no-warmup, they should do the same for interrupt.

I imagine the issue exists with other classes, but I really only notice it on my Bounty Hunter toons. No doubt because so many of our attacks are slow traveling darts/missiles/rockets.

I must say I haven't noticed that. I have been able to instantly interrupt from 25m (tested on the mobs in BH). I still suck at it as I'm not used to it, and nearly everything we use is channelled so it kills DPS (unload) or doesn't go off until the cast is finished (tracer).