The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Hydraulic Overrides Working?

Krozis

I have been speccing AP lately and didn't really notice myself run faster while using H.O.

So in warzones what I've been doing is hitting it and running next to other classes just as an informal test and it appears I am not running at +45% speed.(30% H.O. + 15% for Pnuematic Boots).

I realize other classes have ways of increasing their natural runspeed but I'm starting to wonder if it's working at all... I can't seem to beat any classes in a foot race.

I haven't actually tested this formally and I wonder if anyone has?

I have been speccing AP lately and didn't really notice myself run faster while using H.O.

So in warzones what I've been doing is hitting it and running next to other classes just as an informal test and it appears I am not running at +45% speed.(30% H.O. + 15% for Pnuematic Boots).

I realize other classes have ways of increasing their natural runspeed but I'm starting to wonder if it's working at all... I can't seem to beat any classes in a foot race.

I haven't actually tested this formally and I wonder if anyone has?

You don't understand the ability. It's 30% not 30% +15%. It's identical to out of combat sprint in terms of granted speed (except that you lose sprint in combat) and in combat you should notice the speed boost as well as the immunity to knockbacks.

Edited by Ryvirath

Right. Don't use HO to get to a node as it won't stack with out-of-combat sprint speed that everyone has. You use it while in combat and you'll notice a large speed increase over the folks you're fighting.

It doesn't stack with the passive 15% movement buff of the AP tree either.

It's only got a 30 second cooldown, so use it often!

Right. Don't use HO to get to a node as it won't stack with out-of-combat sprint speed that everyone has. You use it while in combat and you'll notice a large speed increase over the folks you're fighting.

It doesn't stack with the passive 15% movement buff of the AP tree either.

It's only got a 30 second cooldown, so use it often!

Thanks FeralPug that was the answer I was looking for. Weird though that the 15% buff from boots, doesn't stack.....

I haven't played a ton of AP but thought Hydraulics might be a good way of making one of the slowest toons in the game get to that node a little faster.... oh well, at least we get 15% out of combat.

Thanks again.