Impossible to get datacrons

FoxPT

Are you playing on a laptop?

I noticed that the responsiveness of the jump seems to be a lot lower when played on a laptop. Also, sometimes if you are touching the track pad it seems to interfere with the space bar, disabling the jump completely.

:cool:

I just got all of them a few days ago on my warrior. No problems for me. Sorry you are having some though :(

I also just got all of them on my Sith Warrior just a few days ago. Working on rounding some up on a few other toons right now and there was one I kept having a issue with. Now I did get it after I adjusted to it on my fourth try. This was a Repuplic only datacron that gave me this issue mind you.

Jumping in other games is nothing like in SWTOR. I for example enjoy the jumping puzzles and Vistas in GW2, but even though I have all the datacrons with my main in SWTOR I still think the jumping physics in SWTOR is just crap.

That's why I said play Donkey Kong. Newer games won't help you with the crappy jumping this game has. :D You have to go way back to find the jumping mechanics they used in this game.

Datacron's can be so annoying to get. But this is actually one of the few areas in the game where everything is not neccessarily handed to you on a plate. I'm sure there are calls to get these for no cost and no effort - I can only hope these don't go the same route as many other things have.

Anyway, on the republic side, with my main character I have all but 4 of the crons.

I need to get someone lese with me to go and kill Ancient Probe on Hoth for one. The other 3 are just horrible jumping ones. I will get them eventually, but I'm in no hurry and I need to find a time when I'm not in a hurry.

I would like to see datacron collection replicate across all characters. So collect a datacron with one republic character and all your republic characters get it. Collect one with an imp, all your imps get it (I'll happily throw some credits at such an option - legacy purchase maybe?).

Certainly don't want to see them any easier to get.

Datacron's can be so annoying to get. But this is actually one of the few areas in the game where everything is not neccessarily handed to you on a plate. I'm sure there are calls to get these for no cost and no effort - I can only hope these don't go the same route as many other things have.

Anyway, on the republic side, with my main character I have all but 4 of the crons.

I need to get someone lese with me to go and kill Ancient Probe on Hoth for one. The other 3 are just horrible jumping ones. I will get them eventually, but I'm in no hurry and I need to find a time when I'm not in a hurry.

I would like to see datacron collection replicate across all characters. So collect a datacron with one republic character and all your republic characters get it. Collect one with an imp, all your imps get it (I'll happily throw some credits at such an option - legacy purchase maybe?).

Certainly don't want to see them any easier to get.

I don't think you read the OP at all.

OP was stating that the crappy condition of TOR now due ot Update 1.4 breaking a lot of things have made datacrons near-impossible, the OP was not talking about the default difficulty at all.

But yes a Legacy unlock for all datacrons if you find then on one of your characters is something BW has noticed even.

I love getting datacrons, I wish all of them were as hard to get as some on Nar or Coruscant...

In the beginning I had major issues jumping from pipe to pipe... 1.5 hours of falling down for the strength cron on Nar was very frustrating... But now I can get the same datacron in less than 2 min, for some reason all the hunting for datacrons has made me an elite jumper :-)

I can now get to places I never thought possible...

Here is a screenshot of me and a friend on a turret on top of a tall building.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p591/outatime75/SWTOR_MissionImpossible/Turret4.jpg

Or on one of the tall buildings in Anchorhead.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p591/outatime75/SWTOR_MissionImpossible/Anchorhead1.jpg