The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is this a feasible Hybrid Damage Spec 0/23/18?

caiibowers

A hybrid AP/Pyro build I thought might be decent for PVP (and perhaps PvE as well):

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::f21e4fefefefe4fef3e4f2e2f5ef2e

Anyone tried this, or a similar spec? I'm sure some will say hybrids don't work well with Pyro

because TD accounts for a good deal of damage... But with this hybrid spec, I figure you get

PFT, HO, and you still retain the RS bonuses (90% armor pen, CGC procs, etc.). I'm going

to try it later on tonight, but wanted feedback if anyone's tried it and liked/hated it.

Thoughts?

Did some parsing on this spec for a few hours, it's alost on par dps with the Pyro but it's not as flexible as the Pyro rotation which will lead to lower DPS in real encounters.

First off, thanks for taking the time to try it out.

Second, as far as the comparison in dps, that's about what I expected... May I ask if you were trying this out on the dummy's or in an actual PvP or PvE environment? I think with PFT, and FT being an AoE that might bring this spec's numbers up.

Aside from that, I think the added mobility of HO could make this a very worthwhile spec for PvP'ing. Especially huttball.

First off, thanks for taking the time to try it out.

Second, as far as the comparison in dps, that's about what I expected... May I ask if you were trying this out on the dummy's or in an actual PvP or PvE environment? I think with PFT, and FT being an AoE that might bring this spec's numbers up.

Aside from that, I think the added mobility of HO could make this a very worthwhile spec for PvP'ing. Especially huttball.

the parses were done on combat dummy, counting multiple mobs this spec will for sure out dps the Pyro. I'm PVE oriented so my main concern is single target. The FT is not really ideal for boss fights as it's pretty few fights you can rely on a channel ability as a main damage source.

Although the spec is fairly interesting as it also focus on RS which basically always will crit if you do it right, problem is they don't critt that hard. In pure Pyro I get 5k+ critts on the dummy while the hybrid only give 3k+.

You'll also be losing a lot of DPS when the boss is under 30% which does not show on the combat dummy.

I've been tryin' similar spec out for few days now, and must say its much more fun then pure pyro. And as post 1.4 HO helps go get some closer that pure pyro doesn't have anymore.

Ofc I lost tons of dps in both pvp and pve, for example pure pyro pve - 1870-1930 dps/5m. But this spec is - 1620-1670/5m. But I didnt ectually tried PTO out, coz of RB abilities for RS and slow.

My current hybrid spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhrbzh.2