Help please - Tank Immortal gearing and stats

Marrcus

Hi all. I was wondering if you can help. I have been looking online trying to work out the best way to gear my tank with augments for the ideal tanking immortal jugg. Through most of the guides online it seems to say that a 30 def/ 50 shield/abosrb is the best way to go. Through ingame chats some ppl have even been telling me that shield/absorb doesn't cap till 60 etc.....

I was wondering what is actually the best way to go unbuffed? In sorensu form with no other buffs my stats are currently:

skill tree is a 32/5/4 tank (not sure if this is the best either)

End - 23937

Arm - 7970

Def - 25

shield 47.9

Absorp 48

I am half black hole geared and half campaign. All items are augmented one way or another. I was chatting with another tank (not a jugg tank tho) and they mentioned it was better to have 25 def and 40/40 on sheild and absorp and use your augments to boost the endurance as much as possible but this seems to go against the guides and stat mitigation which I have read on other guides..... I have not been tanking that long and want to make sure I get this right and was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to what the better options where for augments vs stats etc

I mainly do PVE and HM ops.... Starting TFB HM soon and was wanting to get this right...

Cheers

M

I believe the default goto numbers are 25/50/50. given that Id sub in the correct augments to provide a bit more shield/absorb. one of my favorites is the power/absorb augment. power = more damage = more threat. an alternative would be endurance... secondary woudl be either or depending on how close you get to 50 with each.

It'g going to be personal preference either way. there are good arguments on both sides. personally, i prefer to have a bit more damage with my mitigation's then a bit more health. But to each his own.

28 Def? Is that definitly the def u want to aim for?

I thought it capped at 27....

I've seen it go as high as 30% or more. the softcap is only a threshold. it simply means that past that point, you can gain more of the stat, but due to diminishing returns, you will get more from the other stats point for point. But the high end gear is getting to the point were most of this stuff will simply start hitting the softcaps and grow past. which isn't a bad thing as long as your other stats are also up to par. but if your higher then 25-30% defense, and your shield/absorb mits are good, then id probably go endurance over more defense...if you can mod for it of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually try and stay away from the full Immortal build and try and split the Immortal and Vengence trees. This does drop your shild chance since you can't get the 4% bonus. However, in this build, the goal is to boost your defense rating as much as possible. You can get it up to about 27% and you'll be good. Retaliation bumps it up another 5% everytime that it is up. So, you have 32% chance to avoid all incoming damage. Now...the best part. Most PvE bosses have an accuracy rating of about 105% (I need to check this and the amount that smash lowers accuracy). Your smash will drop that down to 100%. Now when a boss attacks you (or anyone in the raid), they will get a chance to dodge/parry/miss and attack. Also, any accuracy over 100% lowers your defence chance...since it won't be lowered...you will dodge roughly 30% of all incoming attacks!! You still need shield chance and abs to offset the damage you do get so please warn your healers that you will take more of a spike damage than normal. However, it does make some fights easier (instead of DoT's being placed on you automatically, you have a chance to not get one....making it better for healers).

Now...before you all rip up my stats....I am going to go check them lol.

Oh...almost forgot one awesome thing about a half Immortal and half Vengence tree build....you get enraged defenses as a skill in vengence...which lowers incoming damage by 4%. :D:rak_03:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.