I'll keep it short and sweet....

darkwingduk

No this isnt a 'I am going to quit swtor thread, or a rant of some kind.

Thought i would do something else. Let the devs know that yea, in a few ways i am upset at the things that are not in game and things that are being overlooked that need to be fixed before end game content... there i said it.

Nah... the reason am here is to say thanks... because yesterday i hit the planet belsavis... and i saw the most amazing thing i've ever seen in this game.

A real life size Rancor. I swear it took me back to my creature handler days in starwars galaxies... i sat there for hours watching this mob pace back and forth snapping pictures.... even ran up to it .. lol. By far the best day i've had on this game... and i have been in at least 2/3 betas. He is a gold lvl 50 mob in the security section... near the D ' something outpost... i would say about south east section...

I cant add a picture or figure out how to so you guys wont see those amazing shots i took of bob. Yea thats what i named him... bob.

My toon is buba from 'jedi convenat' server lvl 44 BH powertech so yea... you can imagine how i had to evade and run from those lvl 50 mobs in the area... but man was it worth it.

ps: Add more playable races... make swtor feel like starwars already. Stop waiting to see how people will respond to cathar. This is starwars humans are the inferior race. If you are republic... what, imperial scum. /salute

Edited by darkwingduk

I often forget that there are folks running around who have not seen all of this stuff. There is some great scenery and things to see in this game.

Yea.. thats one of the best parts of the game for me. Its not end game or pvp or flash points even though am sure those are nice in a way but ... seeing starwars mobs / npcs... thats what this game is about for me.

Yea... I had a similar reaction to seeing Rancors out in the wild. Pretty cool. And, I ashamed to say, I now kill them on occasion while running dailies. Unlike other mobs, I can't loot and jet away. I always take a little time to take a good look at them. The other night one died standing up (you know the bug I mean) and I had this overwhelming desire to climb him like a jungle gym.

But Belsavis is the mecca for beasts. There are many others OP and I'm fairly certain you are going to really enjoy some of the later areas as you progress through it. The culmination for me is the World Boss, The Primal Destroyer. He is a Terentatek as far as I can tell... and a damn huge one. If you loved KOTOR, I think you know what I man.

Enjoy it man... it is a great part of the game.

Yea... I had a similar reaction to seeing Rancors out in the wild. Pretty cool. And, I ashamed to say, I now kill them on occasion while running dailies. Unlike other mobs, I can't loot and jet away. I always take a little time to take a good look at them. The other night one died standing up (you know the bug I mean) and I had this overwhelming desire to climb him like a jungle gym.

But Belsavis is the mecca for beasts. There are many others OP and I'm fairly certain you are going to really enjoy some of the later areas as you progress through it. The culmination for me is the World Boss, The Primal Destroyer. He is a Terentatek as far as I can tell... and a damn huge one. If you loved KOTOR, I think you know what I man.

Enjoy it man... it is a great part of the game.

thnx... i also so the alkay if thats spelled right. The big bug thing with 6 legs from the starwars movie that tried to eat obi-wan. They looked pretty cool. I also like the npcs. Saw a few of those 6 finger guys who wear the metal mask ... and the ratataki npcs look cool also.

Sometimes we forget why we play these games and get caught up in all the other stuff [ complaining ] about what we dont have and miss all the simple things that we do.

These games are just like a movie, everything is awesome until you watch it too many times... ;)

To me the whole idea that we should play the same game for a long time is wrong, play the game, enjoy it, play the next game. Not hang out and badger the director to change the movie and re-release it just because we have seen it 100000 times.

All that leads to is a panda release :D

Came in here expecting something completely different than the OP. Kudos to you, OP, for putting a smile on my face. Just started myself and haven't seen one of those Rancors yet.

You are most welcome. Am on hutta right now.. just rerolled an IA and am just admiring the buildings. So much detail when you stop and take the game in. Its done very well.

Love this game but sometimes you have to wonder. Playing an IA on hutta and you can find a full suit of BH low lvl gear plus a weapon on the proper vendors... but only a pair of lvl 9 boots for IA.... B U T .....

And this is the funny part... you can also find a full suit of sith gear and Hutta isnt the sith starting zone ... huh ?

How his this not been addressed yet ?

Any how... no new mobs /npcs yet.. gonna play my BH tonight .. hopefully i will see some more cool stuff.

Edited by darkwingduk

You are most welcome. Am on hutta right now.. just rerolled an IA and am just admiring the buildings. So much detail when you stop and take the game in. Its done very well.
Yes indeed. The ambiance in this game is amazing, and it improves with every patch. Just wondering how many noticed the new fountains replacing the dropouts in fleet's outer ring ... or the rearchitected Citadel in Dromund Kaas ... or the expanded zones on Belsavis and Corellia ... or the two-click transport shuttles (one to board, the 2nd to select a destination) between heroic daily planets. The game is blossoming (albeit gradually) and remains fun to play. Edited by GalacticKegger

Yes indeed. The ambiance in this game is amazing, and it improves with every patch. Just wondering how many noticed the new fountains replacing the dropouts in fleet's outer ring ... or the rearchitected Citadel in Dromund Kaas ... or the expanded zones on Belsavis and Corellia ... or the two-click transport shuttles (one to board, the 2nd to select a destination) between heroic daily planets. The game is blossoming (albeit gradually) and remains fun to play.

I hear ya... good things come to those who wait.

Guess i have to look into those two as well.

I am a big fan of the Pubbie side of things, but I have played a little bit of the Imp side and Korriban was totally cool. The whole place feels like it wants to eat you alive. Like you are not meant to survive. It is pretty cool.

Korriban and Hoth are pretty cool for ambiance as well. Ilum COULD be better. If it's lore was more widely known.

it's the planet where all Padawans contruct their first lightsabers. (Until the Clone Wars)

Edited by Jarlgon

I do hope that someday a Krayt appears on Tatooine.

^ This. I am surprised that there are no Krayt Dragons in game. I am assuming that they are quite rare too so maybe a random spawn of 1 or 2 Krayts would be fine?