Is it feasible to do all the FPs and OPs in Story Mode only?

Yes, it is feasible. If you do lots of dailies, you will have rakata implants/earpiece, campaign relics, and (close-to) tionese everything else. This is enough to stomp storymode ops. Storymode ops can get you full columi, which is enough to get through Denova and TFB.

It's feasible, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

You're going to want gear that's good enough for a hard mode flashpoint to be able to meaningfully contribute to a story mode operation.

Story mode EV is a joke; you need next to no gear if you can play well.

The problem is (no offense intended to the OP), players who ask about what sort of gear progression is feasible don't really fall into the category I'm thinking of.

Story mode EV is a joke; you need next to no gear if you can play well.[/QUOTe] HM EV is a joke too. I did it with my Rakata implants, Matrix Cube and the rest was daily gear except I bought a decent ear piece from GTN and made rakata belt and bracers. Did it like 2 days after hitting 50. I had signed up for a SM Ops, but they changed it to HM on me. I went from daily gear to Rakata and skipped everything in between. Never did KP or EV SM until after I did NIM KP. It is a alt dps shadow, so the group knows I had been to them all many times on my main healer.

If it is a PUG then no, but if it is a group of friends then whatever the Ops leader say goes. Our rules are higher for HM EV, but our leader was the one that told me to go when I would have dropped when they changed the difficulty level.

Edited by mikebevo

Story mode EV is a joke; you need next to no gear if you can play well.

The problem is (no offense intended to the OP), players who ask about what sort of gear progression is feasible don't really fall into the category I'm thinking of.

Well, I like to think I know, more or less what I'm doing, or at least pick it up quick.

I've been playing every Flashpoint as I level until I get most/all its Guardian gear, and I want to see all of them and the Ops, but I'd rather not have to go back and re-grind the Flashpoints I've already played if I don't have to. I thought maybe I could just play them all straight through in story mode so long as I had the gear from the one before.

Thanks for the info.