Healers (Imperial VS Republic)

Naix

Damage mitigation isn't useful?

If any damage they take is going to kill them then and they only have to go a few meters, no. That would be about as useful as a spongbob band-aid on a severed limb.

Edited by TMar

So your hypothetical is a player at 1 HP?

Sure, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 19 or 20 or 21 ect

So you're being a bad troll now,...

Edit but since I said 200 because it just happened again today die on the line but got the score had 200 when the heal went off. Would have die just short without it.

Edited by TMar

Sure, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 19 or 20 or 21 ect

So you're being a bad troll now,...

I would appreciate it if you abstained from personal attacks. I have done the same. Common courtesy.

Your original language pertaining to this was "last second." It's reasonable that my mind didn't immediately go to 1 HP but instead to what could happen in a second, such as a 2.5k hit on a 2k HP player mitigated by guard, allowing them to survive. My apologies if this was not a reasonable assumption in your eyes.

I would appreciate it if you abstained from personal attacks. I have done the same. Common courtesy.

Your original language pertaining to this was "last second." It's reasonable that my mind didn't immediately go to 1 HP but instead to what could happen in a second, such as a 2.5k hit on a 2k HP player mitigated by guard, allowing them to survive. My apologies if this was not a reasonable assumption in your eyes.

Personal attacks? Please.

Like I said in my last post from a previous post 200HP when the heal went off. Guard wasn't going to help and shield was on lockout.

Personal attacks? Please.

Like I said in my last post from a previous post 200HP when the heal went off. Guard wasn't going to help and shield was on lockout.

Guard helps for 200 HP, as well, in certain situations (which seems applicable, as you are narrowly defining this as much as possible for a reason I cannot determine). 55 percent damage reduction, combined with any defensive cooldowns, low damage attacks etc.

I'm sorry for your confusion in any case.

Grats for helping your team though. Solid effort.

Guard helps for 200 HP, as well, in certain situations (which seems applicable, as you are narrowly defining this as much as possible for a reason I cannot determine). 55 percent damage reduction, combined with any defensive cooldowns, low damage attacks etc.

I'm sorry for your confusion in any case.

Grats for helping your team though. Solid effort.

Not my confusion, yours. 200 HP with one person hitting on you you're not going to care if you have guard on you.

Since you need me to paint you a picture he was moving to the end zone with two people on him. Cast an instant heal that crit for 2100 and he died on the line so unless the guard would have stop 2500 damage he wouldn't have made it with just the guard.

This is all stuff I said before

Last second

Died on the line (for the score)

200 HP before heal

I'm sorry if all that information confused you and you couldn't put it all together yourself.

Not my confusion, yours. 200 HP with one person hitting on you you're not going to care if you have guard on you.

Since you need me to paint you a picture he was moving to the end zone with two people on him. Cast an instant heal that crit for 2100 and he died on the line so unless the guard would have stop 2500 damage he wouldn't have made it with just the guard.

This is all stuff I said before

Last second

Died on the line (for the score)

200 HP before heal

I'm sorry if all that information confused you and you couldn't put it all together yourself.

I was not confused. I'm sorry you think that. I believe I was clear in my previous post.

One correction: if he had 200 HP, guard absorbing 2500 damage would still kill him, as it works on a percentage basis. That's how guard works. I can provide more information about it if you are confused still, but my assumption is you merely were typing quickly and make a mistake, as I've done quite a few times myself.

I was not confused. I'm sorry you think that. I believe I was clear in my previous post.

One correction: if he had 200 HP, guard absorbing 2500 damage would still kill him, as it works on a percentage basis. That's how guard works. I can provide more information about it if you are confused still, but my assumption is you merely were typing quickly and make a mistake, as I've done quite a few times myself.

Again you're confused. I know how guard works.

He has 200 +2100 (my heal) so 2300 (I know I said 2500 my mistake)

He dies on the line so he took >2300 damage between the where he was when I cast my heal and the line.

So without a heal to make it (with guard only) he would have had to mitigated 2299 points of damage which isn't mathematically possible.

Your "correction" is my point. That being guard alone wouldn't not have gotten him across the line.

Edited by TMar

Again you're confused. I know how guard works.

He has 200 +2100 (my heal) so 2300 (I know I said 2500 my mistake)

He dies on the line so he took >2300 damage between the where he was when I cast my heal and the line.

So without a heal to make it (with guard only) he would have had to mitigated 2299 points of damage which isn't mathematically possible.

Your "correction" is my point. That being guard alone wouldn't not have gotten him across the line.

The original situation you stipulated was guard in place of the heal, and that's how I responded. In that situation, a hit greater than around ~400 (after armor, with guard, allowing leeway for damage reduction buffs of the non-GBTF/Shield probe variety) is all it would take, so the damage of ~2300 is more than sufficient to kill him. I'm not sure why you felt the need to correct me, as your conclusion in your third to last sentence is exactly the point at made.

In that situation, no. We've established this. At this point I am confused why we are replaying this? I'm happy to if there is a bigger overall point, though I feel I've entertained this segue more than courtesy would dictate.

The original situation you stipulated was guard in place of the heal, and that's how I responded. In that situation, a hit greater than around ~400 (after armor, with guard, allowing leeway for damage reduction buffs of the non-GBTF/Shield probe variety) is all it would take, so the damage of ~2300 is more than sufficient to kill him. I'm not sure why you felt the need to correct me, as your conclusion in your third to last sentence is exactly the point at made.

In that situation, no. We've established this. At this point I am confused why we are replaying this? I'm happy to if there is a bigger overall point, though I feel I've entertained this segue more than courtesy would dictate.

I corrected you because you attempted to correct me because you were confused and assumed I didn't know how guard worked. So with that.

... a team full of DPSers has options and tactics available to them to tip all the warzones in their favor.

So a team with healers has options and tactics available to them to tip all the warzones in their favor.

So a team with healers has options and tactics available to them to tip all the warzones in their favor.

Yes. Is that it?

edit: I was going to wait for a response to say goodnight, but it is much too late for me and I do need to get some sleep. I will provide a summary of my intent in this thread:

Too many healers is a bad thing for often than not. 3 is too many in most cases, but can be workable, just not optimal. 4 is absolutely too many. 2 is an optimal build. I'd expect equally skilled and coordinated two healer teams to outplay 3 or 4 (or more) healer teams and no healer teams. My posts in this thread before our segue were dealing exclusively with healer heavy teams.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for kindly abstaining from personal attacks after I asked you to. That showed a large amount of courtesy and you should be praised for the adjustment.

Edited by ebado

I was curious how is PvP in other servers? Mainly 50 pvp and healer wise.

I'm on Ebon Hawk, Imperial side, and the last 10 games, and same thing last week before I decided to give up for a while... no healer or sometimes 1 on our side. Republic... 3 healers, 4 healers, 4 healers, 5 healers! 3 again, 4, 4 then I stopped counting.

I see the reason why it is that way tho... I mean, healer ====> support/helping class. Republic ====> more light sided people so more prospec healers. Imperial ====> People hungry for power so ====> DPS.

As a DPS I understand this is my job to kill them... and hell I'm getting good at it! Because that's all I do killing healers.. or trying... because all I can do is split my DPS on 2 or 3 healers healing each others. I know this is more than just me... but I wanted to see how it is on different servers.

on my server we rarely get more than 2 healers per fight, on either side. To be honest, its easy enough to take down healers if you interupt properly and target them properly .. im not talking about shooting them, cos we can outheal a lot of dps .. im talking about constant interupts and, my personal hate, knockbacks. i cant heal if i cant see/stay in range.

You have to learn to use the environment to your advantage.

i get lots of medals and votes for the very simple reason, i stay where i am needed and move where i am needed.

i never whinge or moan, never play down other peoples performances and never ever call anyone a noob. You play with the team you have, you will either win or lose. I can win with just me healing, i can lose with just me healing, i can win with 7 other healers, i can lose with 7 other healers.

The reason people role dps is the same reason you did, i would assume. Its easy to dps, not as easy when you have to heal. Big numbers in dps mean you hit someone hard, big numbers in healing doesnt provide nearly as much tingly sensations.

i would, however, love to see an option in pvp where i can sign up with other people who havent signed up as a group.

Let premades fight each other, why should i have to face them when i queue up on my own.

in the end, get gear and use your environment to kill healers. its not hard, just takes time to practise.

I have a healer I used to pvp with on the Ebon Hawk. I stopped pvping with it because it really wasn't a whole lot of fun to play in pvp where I spent the entire match being chased around and focus fired by 2-3 (or more) people because I got marked. It was tiresome and annoying gameplay that I no longer wanted to be part of, especially if solo healing and unsupported by teammates. :p Edited by ProsaicProse

I HATE being on a team with 4 healers, 3 is often bad, too.

It's especially bad when all they care about are scoreboard numbers and just keep mindlessly healing everyone at the time when we're trying to take a door or node. If I'm heal spec on my scoundrel I switch to doing as much dps as I can at these times, but it still isn't enough.

(And yet the "top healers" STILL get MVP votes at the end of these matches, despite being a total liability to their team. :mad:)

Anyway, on my NON-RP server, there doesn't seem to be a difference between imp and rep amounts of healers. Haven't played long enough after the merge to judge Pot5. But point is maybe this kind of difference only exists on roleplay servers.

I saw a sage healer noble sacrificing himself and healing himself just to make his overall healing higher... i was super pissed, he wasnt healing us, he was just standing in a corner killing and healing himself..:mad:

I saw a sage healer noble sacrificing himself and healing himself just to make his overall healing higher... i was super pissed, he wasnt healing us, he was just standing in a corner killing and healing himself..:mad:

This is so true and sad! I hate the healers who do this.....

Only thing i found out was that you just get burned down if youre a healer...after it your team is one or 2 man down and they all die.

Problem is that you got channel times and that makes it very easy to take down a healer, because you can do the double of dmg before they even start healing themselfs. Using an interupt or knockback and they lost "one year (if you care about channel times)" of channeling. They need the big heals, small won't help them.

I say take away the channel times and just hand cooldowns...so you can move and heal like the Mercs or Mandos can do it with their uberness fail heals (except the insta one, every...month).

Running 5 dps against 3 dps + 2 heals, you focus on heals and win, because if 2 heals heal eachother and you got some AoE you dmg all not just the heals. After the heals are gone its 5 vs 3 with already knocked "defenders".

I say that heals are a waste of time in Warzones, and they weaken the whole team (except Huttball, its a large area and you have to go for the carrier or split).

every class i have that can heal is fodder in pvp.

my operative is heal spec and i normally find myself alone or with at least 1 other healer in warzones but we do good (yet when im on my own i get beef from players for not healing them, like i can heal everyone on my own:rolleyes:)

yet my commando who is dps spec always gets hit first in battle its like they assume i heal so they take me out afap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.