The Mother Machine

SmugglersLuck

The Rakata built this machine to discover why they were losing their Force sensitivity. Apparently with this machine,

they created various alien species including Twi'leks, Zabraks and Esh-ka as just a few examples.

Anyone else have a problem with this? I recognize the Rakata were incredibly advanced but to think that they could actually create complex, full-formed sentients is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. It also kind of kills the mystery of how different alien species originated in the galaxy. Thoughts?

well, it's the mother machine that tells you that so she could be lying... fear, uncertainty, deception...

Playing the sith inquisitor, bathing in betrayal and having been betrayed, manipulated and lied to, it's really difficult to trust someone you've just met, or even know whether it's the truth or not. That's what felt so great about this story is that you can choose to trust it or not, and it's your choice and you don't know whether it was the right choice or the wrong choice.

Edited by Oggthebase

The Rakata built this machine to discover why they were losing their Force sensitivity. Apparently with this machine,

they created various alien species including Twi'leks, Zabraks and Esh-ka as just a few examples.

Anyone else have a problem with this? I recognize the Rakata were incredibly advanced but to think that they could actually create complex, full-formed sentients is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. It also kind of kills the mystery of how different alien species originated in the galaxy. Thoughts?

perhaps she is referring to a specfic thing maybe she infused some of them with the force or something she isnt exactly clear on what she means.