Force Lift/Whirlwind bug triggered by Stasis/Eye of the Storm

Majspuffen

In this post I'll refer to the abilities from a Jedi Shadow's p.o.v.

Have you ever sat in a Force Lift for a full duration whilst taking damage? I've long said that this bug only occurs when a Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow activates Force Lift. Back in Febeuary/Mars I noticed this bug when I was levelling as a tank. I tried it on people in pvp and I tried it on mobs, and it did not break on damage, despite the tooltip saying that it should.

Before the game was launched I played around with the talent calculators that were released all over the internet. I remember a specific talent in the kinetic combat tree that would increase the damage done by Project when used on a target afflicted by Force Lift. This talent disappeared before launch, or rather, it was changed. Spoiler: Stasis! Eye of the storm! The names makes more sense that way.

Today I decided to find out whether I was crazy or if my suspicions were founded. I would fill up one talent at a time and use Force Lift on a creature afterwards. Force Lift always broke on damage until I reached Stasis in the fifth tier of the Kinetic Combat tree. Once I had specced that, Force Lift ceased to break on damage. I tried it several times and Force Lift never broke on damage. This can't be intentional, for the description of Stasis reads:

Increases armor by 20% and allows Spinning Kick to be used while out of stealth mode.

It's about time this bug gets fixed in my opinion. One of the more popular Jedi Shadow specs out there seem to be the kinetic combat/balance hybrid, and when specced into both Stasis and Containment, you essentially have a 8 second stun on a one minute cool down, in addition to force kick outside of stealth and force stun. It's incredible that it has not been fixed yet. So fix it or change the tooltip, though I doubt an 8 second stun can truly be justified.