Merc and Op as healers in pvp.

Gramdar

Hey.

There's not much left to do on my main besides the daily pvp/flashpoint, so i decided to lvl up a healer alt, and i have a couple questions conerning those two.

1. I heard that Operative is considered as one of the strongest healers in the game currently when it comes to pvp. Why is that? What gives him such an edge?

2. Which of those two can afford to move around in combat, which one is more mobile?

3. What does Merc bring to the table besides heavy armor?

Any help is most welcome, cheers!

A fully geared smart and decent Merc/Commando can actually tank on a point and just soak up damage with uninterrupted super-heals. Operative/Scoundrel healers are a nuisance largely because they're annoyingly slippery. By contrast, if you catch an operative/scoundrel healer out in the open he's going to die quickly to sustained or focused fire; snares and stuns'll wear him down. Otherwise, Operative healers and scoundrels can keep your team going through HoTs. You don't have that same luxury as a commando healer but you can keep a few alive much longer (and therefore long enough for reinforcements to back you up). Hope it helps.