Why does Europe have to suffer downtime on american time?

vireo

I just want to know why the European servers can't have their downtime at a more reasonable time. I mean it is ridiculous that we have server downtime during the daytime. I mean seriously. In Holland the downtime is usually around 9am and then up to 5pm. That is a whole day gone down the drain. Cant you change it so the downtime is in the middle of the night like it is for north america? it would be fair for all the European players.

because when they set up everything they didn't do regional client file, ( wow does a regional file) it is instead a global file, everyone uses the same client file, This lets you play on any server regardless of location, the draw back is that when you do server maintenance it has to be all them at once. If they did yours at a different time, one of two things would happen. the patch launcher would not down load a needed update and you couldn't log in. or it would download an update that has not yet been applied to your server , and again you couldn't log in.