Jedi Knight "Master" title

Projawa

I just finished the knight story as dark level 3 and Satele refused to make me a master while the admiral makes me a general. However I still got the master title and did not get the general title. Is this a bug or was it just to appease the dark aligned players?

I just finished the knight story as dark level 3 and Satele refused to make me a master while the admiral makes me a general. However I still got the master title and did not get the general title. Is this a bug or was it just to appease the dark aligned players?

It was to appease the dark aligned players, many people whined and moaned during beta (ironic because people now complain about no consequences), used to you would have got the title "General".

It was to appease the dark aligned players, many people whined and moaned during beta (ironic because people now complain about no consequences), used to you would have got the title "General".

Irony indeed. I would've been satisfied if I got both titles because I was looking forward to being a general more than another master. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Projawa

(ironic because people now complain about no consequences)

While I haven't really spoken up about it, that's something that's bothered me throughout my SWTOR experience. Mission rewards and such seem to be conjured up from out of thin air, rather than actually have anything to do with pleasing whoever gave you the mission. And any additional reward you'll get for demanding extra payment or threatening the mission giver will be minuscule in comparison to the default reward.

I took it as the game lazily adhering to the WoW formula, rather than staying true to its KotOR roots.

While I haven't really spoken up about it, that's something that's bothered me throughout my SWTOR experience. Mission rewards and such seem to be conjured up from out of thin air, rather than actually have anything to do with pleasing whoever gave you the mission. And any additional reward you'll get for demanding extra payment or threatening the mission giver will be minuscule in comparison to the default reward.

I took it as the game lazily adhering to the WoW formula, rather than staying true to its KotOR roots.

I know what you mean, I wish we could still kill companions or make some huge choice other than a single one that affects the ending and honestly when Chapter 4 comes I bet they all start the same way for everyone with an Agent for example.