A suggestion/idea for the RPG players

EternalSentinal

So I was chatting with a friend, whom has IC married my agent and are expecting their first child (very adorable story plots.) and I thought about the SWG having the option to allow players to marry other players. This isn't a new concept but still it was something nice. Then I thought of the Legacy system and how the two could mesh, and I wanted to toss the idea around and see what others think, maybe get the attention of the developers :)

So right now marriage is just for rp players, but you could make it something far more interesting. For instance, a buff for when the couple are in a group together. Also maybe add a Legacy title that would allow the player to use the spouses surname. For example, let's Say Sara Starkiller marries Jack Morrows, Sara could use the title use the title and be named "Sara Starkiller Morrows" Or, if she doesn't announce her legacy, "Sara Morrows." Vice versa for Jack.

I wouldn't mind hearing everyone's opinion on the idea, I'm sure it's not a new idea but still something to think on

i had a similar idea with the marriage name title, except it was between your toon and the companion your toon married. so like my smuggler, Lorhin Kipplar, married Corso Riggs. so she would get a title that would make her name "Lorhin Kipplar Riggs." the same could be done with male characters who married female companions, except the female companion would get the male toon's surname. dunno how easy that would be to program though.

as for the marriage buffs...hmmm.....maybe not a stat buff, but something like:

Happy Couple - increases HP regeneration rate outside of battle, and increases your chance of finding rare items. only works between the two spouses and if they are in a party.

Edited by happysister

That was what I was thinking, and add a debuff for divorce so no one can abuse it, and a 30 day cooldown until they can marry again. I like the toon idea, but for RP reason we'd have hundreds of Quinn wife running around and he starts looking like the biggest womanizer in the galaxy. I think it would work better for just players. Maybe when you marry companions, you can get a different title

Why?

Every player would end up 'marrying' someone in order to get the buff.

Loses all meaning.

It is an RP thing, so the RPers should be able to enjoy it as it's own thing without Bioware punishing the non-RPers (and if they do not get the buff, that is a punishment).

I agree, but I would love to see something in game that reflects "marriage" between to characters. Like a title or something.

Why not do it just to do it?

And this is speaking as someone who'd rather play a touch-as-nails bachelor bounty hunter than the Marrying Sam type. Implement that into the Legacy system with an option to turn it off or change it if for some reason the RP has to stop.

Don't need a title or a buff or anything. It'd just be a fun little thing for roleplayers to enjoy. Screw what the nonroleplayers thing, they have Operations and Warzones to entertain themselves with.