Any commandos on PTS? Answer some questions.

ArchangelLBC

umm in an optimal rotation there are times when you'll have 5 stacks and no HiB off CD...

Although I gotta say, it probably shouldn't consume all stacks as we still have less self-healing than classes that don't even have a heal tree.

Except there won't be enough time/ammo to use AMP, and then fire off 3 more grav rounds. Remember when Charged Barrel only stacked at 1 per grav round and how doing this you couldn't fire HiB off on CD AND always have 5 stacks for it? Same thing here. If we couldn't guarantee 5 grav rounds every 15 seconds in an optimal rotation because of CoF procs we definitely aren't going to get 6. Especially not with the AMP taking another GCD.

And in PVP you'll never get off an optimal rotation against anyone competent. That's just the nature of the PVP game for everyone.

Like I said, thanks for nothing BW.

Question the second.

Is it possible to root someone with stock strike then knock them back with concussion round without breaking the root (i.e. will they be rooted when they land)? I'd really like to know if the root will at least be useful for that.

I was also concerned with this seeing as concussion charge (concussive round is the mez) does do damage, even if it is minor.

Question the second.

Is it possible to root someone with stock strike then knock them back with concussion round without breaking the root (i.e. will they be rooted when they land)? I'd really like to know if the root will at least be useful for that.

You should be able to if you're quick, as the root is only supposed to be break on damage taken after 2 seconds, and the global cooldown after the stockstrike is 1.5.

That said, adding another global cooldown after the concussion charge then leaves you with precisely ONE second of root before they leap right back to you, interrupting whatever it is you thought you were gonna shoot at them.

Edited by Jherad

You should be able to if you're quick, as the root is only supposed to be break on damage taken after 2 seconds, and the global cooldown after the stockstrike is 1.5.

That said, adding another global cooldown after the concussion charge then leaves you with precisely ONE second of root before they leap right back to you, interrupting whatever it is you thought you were gonna shoot at them.

Depends on when the root applies and I'm more thinking of using it as an escape mechanic, not a shoot them mechanic. Honestly just wanted to know if it was possible. Seems like it SHOULD be, but I don't exactly trust BW.

Except there won't be enough time/ammo to use AMP, and then fire off 3 more grav rounds. Remember when Charged Barrel only stacked at 1 per grav round and how doing this you couldn't fire HiB off on CD AND always have 5 stacks for it?

Gravity Surge grants an additional stack per GR hit, unless you're not taking it?

Yes but that's a 1.3 change. If we want to use AMP with the instant cast we're going to need to build up stacks twice in the 15s window and that just seems suboptimal to me.

Agreed, to me this is more of a "lets get CM to use charged barrel more often" kind of change than give the whole commando more healing options.

In your opinion what is the value of the Gunnery Commando in this iteration? More canon and less glass? Is it harder or easier to put that DPS downrange? Is the loss of the ranged Cyro grenade offset by something else?

I know the questions i rather subjective, but as a level 22 Commando I'm wondering whether its worth to continue PVPing with it (rather badly at this juncture) or should I drop the Commando for another class.

In your opinion what is the value of the Gunnery Commando in this iteration? More canon and less glass? Is it harder or easier to put that DPS downrange? Is the loss of the ranged Cyro grenade offset by something else?

I know the questions i rather subjective, but as a level 22 Commando I'm wondering whether its worth to continue PVPing with it (rather badly at this juncture) or should I drop the Commando for another class.

Well, because I am stubborn I would still pvp with my commando (not competitively though). Although I would suggest if you want to competitively pvp then you are better off finding another class.