The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Incendiary Missile 1.4

ZarthMan

It seems fair to me since our class is so much bursty. Giving us IM @ 30m range is far too OP. We still have rapid shots to open RS anyway. Putting IM in the 10m range adds priority to the class in 10m range separating the bad, good and great players because if you don't use IM you will not achieve your highest potential in sustained overall dps. You're not doing it right if you do not even use TSO or overheat for you to use VH. IM adds a good amount of damage if you will use it appropriately, trust me. Most pyro players only use FB @ 10m because of the direct damage plus DOT, which is better than IM without realizing that IM is a different DOT that can also add to overall dps. However, IM is not always ideal, it improves dps when used depending on certain situations only.

It seems fair to me since our class is so much bursty. Giving us IM @ 30m range is far too OP. We still have rapid shots to open RS anyway. Putting IM in the 10m range adds priority to the class in 10m range separating the bad, good and great players because if you don't use IM you will not achieve your highest potential in sustained overall dps. You're not doing it right if you do not even use TSO or overheat for you to use VH. IM adds a good amount of damage if you will use it appropriately, trust me. Most pyro players only use FB @ 10m because of the direct damage plus DOT, which is better than IM without realizing that IM is a different DOT that can also add to overall dps. However, IM is not always ideal, it improves dps when used depending on certain situations only.

IM is actually lowering your overall damage output. The DMG/Heat ratio just isn't there.

And it can be cleansed, so it's not reliable against all targets.

Using it when the heat allows it, when it cannot be cleansed, and not losing Rail procs is how you can increase burst a bit if specced to, and target below 30%: there's some very little extra pressure added, but not overall DPS (you will have to let some steam out after the kill, if you can kill anything = losing DMG). IM is still there for some purposes, I agree, but it isn't how it was supposed to be and needs a change.

Edited by SneiK