ORIGIN's response to my lack of the product...

Malckiah

I know I come across rude....but I ordered the very second it was available for pre-order and they have not communicated with me at all.....I still really have no idea when I will get it.

You are now ready to chat with Prasanth.

Prasanth: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Prasanth how may I help you?

you: Ok, order #**********....... I was probably the very first person to order this thing and you guys still haven't taken my money and It is supposed to be here tomorrow.....WHERE IS IT?

Prasanth: Please do not worry.

Prasanth: Please allow me some time to check the order.

you: ok

Prasanth: Thank you.

you: I also have order # ***********.... for my wife.....same exact problem

Prasanth: Your order is partially settled.

you: What in detail does that mean?

Prasanth: The Order is under process.

Prasanth: You will be receiving the game soon.

Prasanth: You have been charged $21.69.

you: ok....but will i get it tomorrow.... I need the registration codes to keep playing thw game!

Prasanth: It will be delivered to you after the game is released.

you: WHEN?

Prasanth: As soon as possible after the release.

you: I ORDERED THIS THING THROUGH YOU GUYS AS EARLY AS WAS POSSIBLE AND MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOU TO TAKE MY MONEY! OTHER COMPANIES HAVE ALREADY SENT THEIRS OUT! I HAD BETTER GET IT IN TIME OR I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Prasanth: I can understand but the remaining amount will be deducted once it is shipped.

you: IT BETTER SHIP RIGHT NOW......OVERNIGHT!.....OR AT LEAST SEND ME MY REGISTRATION CODE PER EMAIL SO I CAN KEEP PLAYING!

Prasanth: I can understand your eagerness to play the game.

Prasanth: You will be getting your game early.

you: You say that, but tomorrow is launch!.....when will I be getting it?....and how is after launch early?

Prasanth: I can understand but it depends upon the UPS.

you: How does it depend on UPS when you guys haven't even sent it out yet?

Prasanth: It is under process in UPS.

you: It better be!

Prasanth: Yes.

Prasanth: As a Christmas gift, I would like to provide you the 20% discount code for Origin.

you: Is this only my orders that have this problem or is it everyones?

Prasanth: Your order is fine.

Prasanth: You never received the game before the release.

you: Then why have other companies already sent the game out?

Prasanth: No company can provide the game unless the game is released.

you: REALLY?!.....Then why do I know people who already have the game?!!!

you: AMAZON already sent theirs out as well as a few others!

This is where he never responded. I will NEVER do business with Origin again!

Edited by Malckiah

I was in the same spot your in OP...

I canceled all 3 orders (I pre ordered on July 21st) today and ordered through Amazon...I will have it tomorrow...oh, and it was cheaper to. I've crossed Origin off the list of game retailers I do business with....

Yeah, I had a serious bad encounter with Origin's live chat customer service. The CC I used to pre-order expired in November. So, I get my new card and go to change my payment method attached to Origin. No option. Mind you, this is about 2 weeks ago. I do the live chat thing, explain my situation, and get told the only option is to cancel my order. "But what about my early access? I pre-ordered the day it became available only to ensure I got early access" I type to the customer service rep. "You will get your access for today's order date." he/she responds. To which I say "I don't want that, I want to just give you my new CC # and you can charge that".

"I hope this has solved your problem. Thank you for contacting EA Origin Customer Support."

session ends

Those guys are so awesome. However, I was eventually helped via the phone, all was cleared up, and I got my access on 12/13.

Edited by Inhalcator