Consequences of turning down romance?

KallahKrafted

My up and coming Jedi is a book-smart, woefully inexperienced (perhaps nearing the point of naive) young Padawan who follows the Jedi code almost painfully to the letter. Seeing as getting all touchy-touchy with each others' light sabers is strongly frowned upon, it would be entirely out of character for her to later hook up with one of her companions. My other characters have been considerable more open minded, so I've never had to face the repercussions of turning down a companion putting the moves on me. Other than missing out on the sub-plot (of course) are there any downsides to shutting down a companion's attempts to get into the captain's quarters? I'm not worried about missing out on a few hits of affection (or even taking a big hit, so long as it's not something crazy like -5000), but it would really stink if it closed off a further quest series or whatnot. Anyone willing to toss a few spoilers in my direction?

There are no quests that come up only for romances. You may get some affection loss for turning them down initially, but after a while they forget about it. A few romance options - specifically Risha, Elara Dorne, and Ashara - vastly change their gift preferences if you romance them, but no male romance options seriously upgrade their gift responses when you're in a romance. (Courting gifts excepted, obviously. Those almost useless outside active romances.)

So no, there's no great downside to skipping the romance. In fact, my Knight stayed clear of Kira and still had an awesome, satisfying teacher/padawan relationship. It worked.

Edited by bright_ephemera