Pazaak

THorsblood

it's easy to implement (i'd assume so since its just a card game of sorts) , and i bet you it gets more use then Space combat ever did lol...just a thought but maybe have it so you can bet creds *its Pazaak you should be able to* also both players get social points and winner gets x2 social points, since at this moment social 5-10 is a long grind and ironically isn't normally very social just spam space bar with 3 people running through the 1st FP at lvl 50 a thousand time's...

While I agree that it would be great to play Pazaak in-game some Legal issues arise.

There are places, even in the US, where online gambling (even if there is no real money being wagered) is illegal. Unfortunate but true.

If that weren't the case I would LOVE to see Pazaak tables being in-game and useable (sp? my brain quit working).

There are places, even in the US, where online gambling (even if there is no real money being wagered) is illegal. Unfortunate but true.

But, really... Pazaak wouldn't be any more "gambling" than the entire game is. You're always taking chances with slightly randomized outcomes and can either gain (loot) or lose (repair costs) credits.

• 3 weeks later...

If Pazaak was released as an expansion/dlc it would not affect the overal game rating but only the one of DLC. It is possible to do it without changing the base game's rating and all. Pazaak would just not be available in some countries/state or might be rated 18+ in order to purchase and download. It would have to be purchasable.

Look at this: Shogun 2 on Steam is rated 16+. Creative Assembly released a DLC which adds a lot of gore to the game but the DLC did not affect the original game's rating. While the DLC requires you to say that you're over 18, if you want to purchase it for 2 dollars (I think), the base game is still 16+.

Blood Pack DLC 18+ : http://store.steampowered.com/app/201272/

Base Game 16+ : http://store.steampowered.com/app/201270/

This proves that your arguments regarding legal issues and game rating having to be changed are... Kinda pointless. Pazaak and such DLC would simply not be available in some regions if they have problems with people playing games online. Besides - it's dumb. Playing an mmo should have been seen as a form of gambling, too... you invest in the game, you play it and then you never know who's gonna win the roll on the item ^^

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

KoTor 1 and 2 are rated T and both have pazaak. So I don't really think its an issue.

Edit: and when FTP role's out they already plan on selling "random box's" which cost cartel coins aka $ which is gambling. I don't think gambling fake money counts as gambling in online game's, though that's just what I think not what i know :D.

Edited by THorsblood

KoTor 1 and 2 are rated T and both have pazaak. So I don't really think its an issue.

Edit: and when FTP role's out they already plan on selling "random box's" which cost cartel coins aka $ which is gambling. I don't think gambling fake money counts as gambling in online game's, though that's just what I think not what i know :D.

The problem in SWTOR is that it would be against other players.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.