Players with only 1 character

krystianswtor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 50's, one Imperial and one Republic, and 2 30-something alts. I only had 1 character for the first 4 months of the game before I started my second. Im mainly a PVPer. My Imp is maxed on PVP gear, and i rarely play my pub at all. I would love to have a second Imp 50 for PVP, so thats what im working on right now.

I do hate the gear grind in PVP though. Its why 85%+ of my playtime has been on one character.

Alting is boring. The planetary side-quests are grindy, irrelevant and boring, too. I only level through WZs, but have one main and one alt.

Sorry EAWare, but "re-rolling" is not what I had in mind to keep replaying this game. :rolleyes:

I've never understood this line of thinking. Repeating the same instanced raid 50 times is A-OK, but doing the same quest twice is worth quitting over? :confused:

I've never understood this line of thinking. Repeating the same instanced raid 50 times is A-OK, but doing the same quest twice is worth quitting over? :confused:

It's not really that, but it's like EAWare expected almost everyone to experience the little bit of endgame content there is, and want to re-roll another class to just level up mainly through PvE going through all the voice acting, through all the boring side-quests and doing the Heroics.

Sorry, bit I'm one of those that will focus mainly on one or two characters. I don't re-roll. I have to say, the Story is great but I'm not going to re-roll just for the Story missions. The planetary side-quests are grindy as can be and are nothing but "rinse and repeat" missions. The voice acting for the missions add the illusion to make it not like "fetch quests" and to make it seem like you're fulfilling something, when in fact, you really aren't.

I do more PvP because I'm a PvP'er, but also because the PvP is more dynamic than PvE. I'm planning to get higher-leveled PvE gear for both my characters because I've recently tried the Ops and they're fun, but once both of my characters have augmented WH gear I don't know what I'm going to do.

The planetary side-quests are grindy as can be and are nothing but "rinse and repeat" missions....

I do more PvP because I'm a PvP'er, but also because the PvP is more dynamic than PvE.

the way i see it, pvp is even more grindy than pve. at least in pve you have like 20 planets to visit, but in pvp you have like only 4 warzones with the exact same rules every time. but that's just me.

the way i see it, pvp is even more grindy than pve. at least in pve you have like 20 planets to visit, but in pvp you have like only 4 warzones with the exact same rules every time. but that's just me.

It is pretty grindy but I just enjoy PvP more. Technically, it's just a bit more dynamic. That just may only be me thinking that and other PvP'ers, but the PvE leveling mission just plainly suck. Most of them are to kill X amount of NPCs with a bonus or two that is also meaningless.

I find the grind in PvP WZs tolerable and even fun at possibly many times. Personally, that's just me. :p

It is pretty grindy but I just enjoy PvP more. Technically, it's just a bit more dynamic. That just may only be me thinking that and other PvP'ers, but the PvE leveling mission just plainly suck. Most of them are to kill X amount of NPCs with a bonus or two that is also meaningless.

I find the grind in PvP WZs tolerable and even fun at possibly many times. Personally, that's just me. :p

Yep, totally :D. Class stories + PVP here. I havent even done any endgame PVE at all.

It's not really that, but it's like EAWare expected almost everyone to experience the little bit of endgame content there is, and want to re-roll another class to just level up mainly through PvE going through all the voice acting, through all the boring side-quests and doing the Heroics.

Sorry, bit I'm one of those that will focus mainly on one or two characters. I don't re-roll. I have to say, the Story is great but I'm not going to re-roll just for the Story missions. The planetary side-quests are grindy as can be and are nothing but "rinse and repeat" missions. The voice acting for the missions add the illusion to make it not like "fetch quests" and to make it seem like you're fulfilling something, when in fact, you really aren't.

I do more PvP because I'm a PvP'er, but also because the PvP is more dynamic than PvE. I'm planning to get higher-leveled PvE gear for both my characters because I've recently tried the Ops and they're fun, but once both of my characters have augmented WH gear I don't know what I'm going to do.

I see it a bit differently. To me the fun of alting is how differently the characters play. I'm currently leveling a Jedi Knight and a Trooper through Nar Shaddaa. Sure they're doing the same quests, but the actual combat is so different it doesn't feel grindy at all to me. There is plenty of content so I don't have to do all the same side-quests over and over. For example, I hate Republic Taris and so I just skip it. Sometimes via PvP or space missions or just doing heroics on other planets. I don't think I've had the same experience on two characters yet and I have three 50s; two characters in the 40s; and three in the 20s.

Edited by Master-Nala

eh, with me, grinding wzs all the time is boring. nothing really changes with them, and i need variety when i play. with pve, you can roll new characters, play different stories, or the same story a different way to get different results. besides, killing bosses like the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator in KP gives me a much more satisfying rush than just fighting other players does.