Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just to reiterate in case you were sleep at the wheel.

L-RANDLE

Sage/Sorc have many issues, but for the devs, here are some of the main ones again in case you missed it(red- serious, yellow=mild, green = "eh"):

Force Management- Not enough in the Seer/Corr or Bal/Mad, too much in the TK/Lite tree.

Survivability- No DFCD, Weak Bubble, No significant debuffs, no mobile healing (AND NOT ONLY ON OURSELVES!!).

Gear- Why is it so hideous? Sorc look like they just left the set of AvP and Sages look like something from the time of the pharoahs (some other classes share this same sentiment). We are forced to pay to look the way we want.

Burst DPS- Low Burst when we should have the highest burst (and lowest sustained). FiB/DF(Internal=no shield/abs or armor rating in equation) should be our "nuke"/"cannon"(a cannon should be able to take out whole columns of enemies).

Range- We cant keep range without affecting resolve (regardless of what you do to "tweak" it) for the most part. We don't have a hard kite to keep range.. if we get rooted or CC'd, game over.

I could go on, but notice there really aren't any "green" ones. The prososed changes affect survivability only and survivabilty mostly for the seer/corr tree. The only credit I give is for the AoE Mezz on bubble break, but again, its too high in the TK tree for just about any other spec to utilize. Then couple that with the change to Force Wave really being a wash, and root/cc/interrupt immunities being in tier 4 and 5, instead of tier 2 or 3 like other classes with similar abilities. My faith is waining. Please tell me there is more to it than this.

[Edit] This is in relation to PvP, so if the mods please would not move this, I would appreciate it...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Agree, which is why I think it's odd that the answer is to nerf two of our defensive abilities.

The only players elated with these changes are healers/hybrid healers. No one plays pure TK/Lite so the uninterrupable change is a joke, and the Force Mend cancels the nerf to Force Stun.

Hey think about this too. When they change resolve, it actually will take longer to build up after an initial CC. Effectively, they are making stunlock possible for all classes. Don't forget even with the changes we are the squishiest class in the game. What good is that Force Mend going to do when I'm stunlock'd?

The only players elated with these changes are healers/hybrid healers. No one plays pure TK/Lite so the uninterrupable change is a joke, and the Force Mend cancels the nerf to Force Stun.

Hey think about this too. When they change resolve, it actually will take longer to build up after an initial CC. Effectively, they are making stunlock possible for all classes. Don't forget even with the changes we are the squishiest class in the game. What good is that Force Mend going to do when I'm stunlock'd?

I don't disagree... just wanted to say that I play a hybrid healer (21 point) and I'm not thrilled with the changes either.

I think (but it may not be true), that gear is bad for everyone.

I know Marauder are extra screwed over. The set bonuses for them are the worse ever possible. I think they had a meeting with powerpoint slides to come up with set bonuses this bad.

Marauder has to buy Tank armor they can't use, and pull out the armoring from heavy armor and place it into medium armor. There is no "Buy the Warhero piece, and just add MK-6" for them.

And for all that effort, they can still only use one of the two set bonuses.

Pretty sure though, every class has to heavily remod gear. It's like this by design.

Full Corruption here, not happy.

Outside of the initial 10 seconds after a match starts, the enemies who are trying to kill me are never all standing in a line running right at me. They are hitting me from all sides at all times. Overload was useful because it knocked back on all sides. Now it will only be able to knock back 1-2 enemies leaving the other 3-4 enemies still pounding my defenseless backside.

Obvious changes are obvious. Sorc/Sage are not intended for PvP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.