Looking for a friend to quest with

melodylane

I dont know about you guys but I like having a friend to quest with it makes the game go faster and is just plain fun. Unfourtunately Ive not been able to find a friend... here I am almost to lvl cap and have yet to find a good friend on the server (candorus ordo). Now dont get me wrong Ive lots of friends on my friend list but often find myself taking them off after a week or so because, either they just really want somebody to help them out and then are done with you or never speak again after the first day and make you feel like a stalker for speaking to them (even after they say shoot me a message next time your on). I dont know maybe its me maybe Im weird for wanting a permanent companion and not just npc one provided by the game but somebody that talks back. Or perhaps Im just from a different gen of mmo players but some of my best friends and still are to this day Ive met on mmo's. What do you guys think? And by the by if your on canderous ordo and feel like minded shoot me a message maybe we could quest together.

I know what you mean it's twice the fun when you have someone accompanying you on quests. Helping a different class also lets you get a look at that story as well which is a nice touch.

In my experience I have only grouped with someone to do this a handful of times and although it was a blast it would have been difficult to stick together for long. Your best bet is joining a guild. Good luck.

I kinda have this same problem - but on a different server. It seems people only group when they have to in this game. You might find someone to chat and fight with for a few hours, but that's rare and certainly not consistent.

I think it just has to do with the way the game is very anti "camping and killing mobs" and SO far in the "do missions for XP" camp, combined with the whole class mission thing, most of the time you will not be on the same missions and will gain little by grouping.

I found running around destroying monsters with a few friends immensely fun in other games, but certainly not in ToR. Monsters are generally very similar in feel - no real surprises outside of flashpoints and operations, plus they die so damn fast and drop terrible items. There's not even a chance you might get something you need from most monsters. So the only real up-side to doing it is the social aspect, which is not enough for most people.

Edited by Asavrede

I dont know about you guys but I like having a friend to quest with it makes the game go faster and is just plain fun. Unfourtunately Ive not been able to find a friend... here I am almost to lvl cap and have yet to find a good friend on the server (candorus ordo). Now dont get me wrong Ive lots of friends on my friend list but often find myself taking them off after a week or so because, either they just really want somebody to help them out and then are done with you or never speak again after the first day and make you feel like a stalker for speaking to them (even after they say shoot me a message next time your on). I dont know maybe its me maybe Im weird for wanting a permanent companion and not just npc one provided by the game but somebody that talks back. Or perhaps Im just from a different gen of mmo players but some of my best friends and still are to this day Ive met on mmo's. What do you guys think? And by the by if your on canderous ordo and feel like minded shoot me a message maybe we could quest together.

I'd offer to help out, but I'm on Shadowlands. If you want to hop over feel free to say hi ^^

I'm on Canderous Ordo and just came back to the game. I feel the same way that the gmae would be much more fun with someone to play with. I have a lvl 40 jedi knight, lvl 1 trooper and lvl 1 bounty hunter, but can play other classes if needed. Look me up your friendly Nordy Laverpool for my tank jedi knight.

I'm on Canderous Ordo and just came back to the game. I feel the same way that the gmae would be much more fun with someone to play with. I have a lvl 40 jedi knight, lvl 1 trooper and lvl 1 bounty hunter, but can play other classes if needed. Look me up your friendly Nordy Laverpool for my tank jedi knight.

Awesome I will be on tonight I'll look for you in game! lvl 48 smuggler scoundrel Vahlanna :)

i'd say about 50% of the time, i had friends to level up with. i think part of the reason was that i had a lot of toons in many level ranges, which made it easier to pair up with someone who may not be on the same level as my main was. it does make a difference, though sometimes i could get stuff done faster when soloing. depends on what it was we were doing.

i'm on Canderous Ordo myself. feel free to add me if you want and shoot me a message if you see me online. my main is Lorhin Kipplar, level 50 gunslinger.

I'm on the Shadowlands server and am always looking for someone to do missions with. I have a level 50 Jedi Knight, a level 50 Sith Assassin, a level 32 sith juggernaut, a level 23 republic soulder, a level 10 sith sorcerer, a bounty hunter and a smuggler. If you are on Shadowlands, look me up.....:)