How Long?

Brandonmz

They extend over a period of about ten years, maybe more. For example,

At the end of Inquisitor Chapter One, Zash states that she has been working on her scheme for five years, starting with arranging for your character to come to Korriban with other slaves for training.

Other clues as to the passage of time are hinted at in the game. Republic Balmorra story occurs chronologically later than Imperial Balmorra, and Taris vice-versa. Specific time clues are however rare.

Edited by Uluain

Wookieepedia actually has a pretty good reference for timeline. Start at the Treaty of Coruscant. A year-by-year table is at the bottom of the page. Plot elements of the various stories are mentioned in the relevant year. Obviously, spoilers abound. I used this resource to figure out how old my characters were at various points in and after the war.

I remember getting a letter from Vette after I married her that she said it's been 6 months since I removed her collar.Removing her collar was an option in one of her first companion dialogues.So I assume that month's go by during your story,like from Imperial Balmorra to Republic Balmorra might be a month apart.Just my take on it:cool:

Truth is we really don't have a good idea of the timeline. Periods of time are rarely mentioned and when they are mentioned, they tend to be a little squishy. Any definite timelines that you see most likely are 50% headcanon, 30% educated guess, and 20% in game sources.

The closest thing to a definite period of time is that we know that it is less than 6 months between when the Smuggler completes Chapter 1 and when the war is reignited.

In an Imperial Agent quest, you recover group holocall from six months ago which has a character from the end of Chapter 1 of the Smuggler class quest. Said character is trapped in carbonite for years prior to the end of the Smuggler storyline and dies at the end giving only a small window of time for him to be part of the call between being thawed and dying. The IA recovers the phone call after the war has reignited(or right when it is being reignited) putting probably the only definite period of time we have in the game.

I think it is probably safe to assume that Chapter 2 for all classes is around 6 months, but that is admitedly a guess. Beyond that, it is really hard to make any accurate guesses.

They extend over a period of about ten years, maybe more. For example,

At the end of Inquisitor Chapter One, Zash states that she has been working on her scheme for five years, starting with arranging for your character to come to Korriban with other slaves for training.

Other clues as to the passage of time are hinted at in the game. Republic Balmorra story occurs chronologically later than Imperial Balmorra, and Taris vice-versa. Specific time clues are however rare.

I don't think the 5 years can really be taken as a firm statement of how long the SI Chapter 1 is. The five year time frame she gives includes the time she spent researching the artifacts and locating the right person(which she clearly would be unable to do prior to vaguely understanding what the ritual was and woudl do). That gives a lot of wiggle room as she could have researched the ritual for two years, searched for an appropriate person for 2, and then it took you 1 year to find the artifacts. Or it could have been 1 year for research, 1 for locating the SI, and 3 for recovery. We just don't have enough context to base an accurate assement off of.

Wookieepedia actually has a pretty good reference for timeline. Start at the Treaty of Coruscant. A year-by-year table is at the bottom of the page. Plot elements of the various stories are mentioned in the relevant year. Obviously, spoilers abound. I used this resource to figure out how old my characters were at various points in and after the war.

.....Yeah and what the heck is that based off of? I'm going to take a wild guess here and say the years are 100% head canon.