OMG 1.4 Buffs!

DkSharktooth

Click Here For Source

Mercenaries and Commandos:

• Electro Dart and Cryo Grenade now have a 10-meter range.
  • Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This ability can be trained at level 18.
  • Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker.
  • Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by 20% per stack.
  • Kolto Residue: Now additionally snares enemies struck by your Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb by 50% for 3 seconds.
  • New Bodyguard/Combat Medic skill, Peacekeeper/Frontline Medic: While protected by your own Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe, firing Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot at an enemy triggers your Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe to heal you on a separate 3-second rate limit.

Clarification Requested:

Why was the knockback effect from rocketpunch removed and not added to a root effect?

Edited by DkSharktooth

30m interrupt...okay Ill take it. Its not going to help against mele.

Rocket punch immobilizing for 4 seconds: HOLY COW THATS AWESOME! I just want to know if this is a root, or if immobilize means that they can't activate any of their abilities. Either way a 4 second park on a 9 second cool down ability is freaking awesome. Plus we have 2 seconds to do damage to them and it won't break. Rocket-punch -> Jet Boost combo would probably be a good way to park enemies now.

Also...amd I reading this correctly that 5 stacks of tracer lock will make Rapid Scan instant cast time? Will that erase the stacks of tracer lock when used?

Also...amd I reading this correctly that 5 stacks of tracer lock will make Rapid Scan instant cast time? Will that erase the stacks of tracer lock when used?

Yep, it'll be instant, 20% x 5. As for erasing stacks, I have a feeling it will. Thought it was the armor debuff and was going to say it wouldn't, but realised Tracer Lock is the +RailS debuff that's expended regularly, so it's probably meant to be a tradeoff between Rail Shot or Rapid Scan [annoying that they're both RS]. EDIT: Healing Scan, sorry, wasn't looking >.>

I hope these will help Mercs and at least RPunch's CD should be low enough to counter Force Leap, instead of Jet Boost.

Edited by Queen_Ultima

The buffs are crap imo. Only healing buffs and cc changes. Big deal. Mercs still low for dps. These guys don't understand that issue. Should make the dmg the way it was before 1.2. I'm pretty disappointed as I don't heal with my merc and don't plan too. If I was a healing merc, I would be pretty happy though. Thanks for nothing bioware.

I have to agree, the interrupt is nice especially against healers and the change to rocket punch will help in some situations, but our dps is still low. When I play my merc, either as arsenal or pyro, I keep thinking how little burst I have, as compared to my sniper, who can take almost any character from 50% to dead very quickly thanks to instant abilities, some of which become available when the target is low health. Mercs need a similar "closer" that allows us to finish the job with a big hit. Maybe if Heatseeker didn't hit like a wet noodle we'd actually keep up with the other classes. As it is, my Sniper's Instant Lazed Snipe, Ambush, Followthrough, Head Shot, Series of Shots, Takedown, etc, just own. Edited by frivera

so let me get this straight...

they decided to add a root to rocketpunch and TAKE AWAY THE KNOCKBACK???

...we just can't win.

i agree total BS BW, this needs to change, make it knock with a 2 second stun or root... BUT DONT LOOSE THE KNOCKBACK!

The change to Rocket Punch is going to hurt big time. By losing my knockback on RP my RANGED DPS is losing one good way of getting rid of a melee dps for a few seconds. Wow...now they are rooted right next to me with no lockout on abilities.

It is still nice in some circumstances as Roots do not add to resolve, but I just lost one weapon in my arsenal (hehehe) when dealing with melee dps.

The ranged interupt makes up for any loss I will feel with losing range on my 4second stun, just some of those long range stuns for ball carriers while crossing fire pits will no longer work :(

As I said in another thread, would it be so unfeasible to keep the knockback but apply a 2-4 second root? What use is a 4 second root with no knockback if they are already ontop of you? If we're using rocket punch then it means the enemy has already established melee contact, so we are probably slowed/rooted ourselves. How much distance are we going to create in 2-4 (slowed) seconds? Edited by Sinsavz

The change to Rocket Punch is going to hurt big time. By losing my knockback on RP my RANGED DPS is losing one good way of getting rid of a melee dps for a few seconds. Wow...now they are rooted right next to me with no lockout on abilities.

It is still nice in some circumstances as Roots do not add to resolve, but I just lost one weapon in my arsenal (hehehe) when dealing with melee dps.

:(

^ this

Click Here For Source

Clarification Requested:

Why was the knockback effect from rocketpunch removed?

To give Arsenal mercs a Resolve free escape. Good design philosophy, poor execution imo.

I realize that adding an ability that allows the player to gain separation by moving their own player (e.g WoW Blink or Aion Retreating Slash) as has been suggested numerous times (and can even be tied to our jet packs) isn't in game yet, but it really is the only way I see to add a Resolve free escape that doesn't further gimp players. The irony is that the change to Afterburners would benefit Pyros more, since we have the mobility to take advantage of a root and still do decent dps--but of course we can't spec into it realistically.

That said, I'll wait to see how this whole thing plays out, but it really seems that BW has it in for the merc class, since they always end up giving one thing but taking two whenever they balance.

p.s. As a Pyro merc I'm sort of happy that all we really get is a slight nerf to electro-dart. We do still have a nice mezz that can be made instant.

And hey, everyone got the interrupt they wanted.

To give Arsenal mercs a Resolve free escape. Good design philosophy, poor execution imo.

I realize that adding an ability that allows the player to gain separation by moving their own player (e.g WoW Blink or Aion Retreating Slash) as has been suggested numerous times (and can even be tied to our jet packs) isn't in game yet, but it really is the only way I see to add a Resolve free escape that doesn't further gimp players. The irony is that the change to Afterburners would benefit Pyros more, since we have the mobility to take advantage of a root and still do decent dps--but of course we can't spec into it realistically.

That said, I'll wait to see how this whole thing plays out, but it really seems that BW has it in for the merc class, since they always end up giving one thing but taking two whenever they balance.

p.s. As a Pyro merc I'm sort of happy that all we really get is a slight nerf to electro-dart. We do still have a nice mezz that can be made instant.

Yeah Bodyguard got buffed...Which was considered the strongest spec already. Arsenal got Nerfed which was already considered the weakest spec in PvP..And Pyro basically broke even with getting an interupt since they struggle with killing healers...but a slight nerf on electro dart...But this is mostly used as an escape tool from leap/grapple anyway so now its Electro dart then KB instead of the other way around.....Seeing as they didnt get the root...unless you drop TD which is not a good trade.

To sum it up...Pyro is pretty much the same but can now mess with sorcs and other Mercs alot more....Arse is now an even worse sitting duck for melee...and Bodyguards might be pretty much Impossible to kill as melee.

So if this stays as is...We will now have nerf cries on Merc for bodyguard once more...and the lackluster DPS specs will still get left in the dust as BW decides to "Rebalance" Bodyguard once more...The way the Bodyguard buffs read it will encourage standing and fighting your attacker to passively heal yourself while snare kiting them...angst will happen when folks get tanked and then widdled to death by a healer as they kite you and heal themsleves while damaging you...will bring a whole new kiting game for bodyguards...I might have to try it.

Honestly Wear DPS gear and go bodyguard...Thats gonna be our best DPS spec because they will stay alive the entire match.....Probably pull some decent numbers out of pure consistant dmg application...

Edited by Soljin

Yeah but still that second knock back is more effective.. IF anything the change should be knock back with a 2 second root.

Yeah but still that second knock back is more effective.. IF anything the change should be knock back with a 2 second root.

You basically got Dirty Kick with a root instead of a stun. Not sure how it will work yet, but it does seem like an odd choice for a Resolve free escape.

You basically got Dirty Kick with a root instead of a stun. Not sure how it will work yet, but it does seem like an odd choice for a Resolve free escape.

escape isnt a problem really. if TM hit a little harder people would run from us, we have heals, shields and soon an interrupt BUT that losing that knock back will hurt us, all the GOOD PVPers use it and use it well

escape isnt a problem really. if TM hit a little harder people would run from us, we have heals, shields and soon an interrupt BUT that losing that knock back will hurt us, all the GOOD PVPers use it and use it well

So name calling when I didn't disagree...Nice.

So name calling when I didn't disagree...Nice.

can you please tell me when i named you?

I said all GOOD pvpers use it well... if any of these words are your name then im sorry, if not stop trying to pick a fight.

Edited by Henu