The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

General build for PvE - opinions?

Haggardbr

Hey guys.

I already have a 50 commando that's a combat medic and now I decided to reroll as Vanguard.

Soooo... for a general PvE with some protection and damage dealing, is this build ok?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801G0hMdZrkbMRMZfIz0z.2

Just take note that I WILL BE USING SHIELD GENERATOR and I will only work on PvE and End-game content with my guild.

I might hit PvP sometime, but only to get certain items like weapons and such.

So, what's your opinion?

Gonna be brutally honest. Not sure what you are going for here. Tank or DPS? Trying to be a PVE Vanguard who can "take a hit and pack a punch at the same time" is a fail idea. Hybrid builds such as these have no place in PvE Endgame content, and you would just be hurting your guild. You cannot take nearly as much damage as a true tank, and your DPS will be horrific. SWTOR is built off of the holy trinity system of PURE tank, dps, and healer specs.

• 2 weeks later...
No way. If you want to be a good tank you will need to get 50/50 on shield and absorbtion and the only way you are doing that is with the full shield tree and also some shield augments. You can lift your weak dps a bit by using crit/surge augments wherever you like...as long as maintain 50/50 shield/absorbtion.