The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

how do i make a good hybrid for my Juggernaut?

lordmummer

Ingredients are key. you need to have quality flour, use fresh or filter water, and make sure your... oh wait, you meant hybrid spec :)

yeah, my jokes are cheesy. what can i say.

Question is....what is your priority? do you tank more then you solo play? or is solo play more of what you do? the key with a hybrid is you want to crawl up one tree first. the sooner you can get to the nice juicy skills, the better. then you work up the other.

So if you tank in groups 75% of the time, then I'd start in the immortal tree. If you tend to prefer to solo, with groups as a filler, then I'd start with the vengeance tree. Rage is a good tree, but it doesn't synergize as well with immortal as vengeance does (and most people are looking to tank and dps with their hybrids).

After leveling 2 juggs to 50, and i have a half dozen at various levels from 12-37 on various servers...this is my favorite approach to leveling a jugg. Please note that i usually prefer the vengeance tree 100% of the time, but this also works well for a bybrid build.

the build I will give you is this:

Generic Hybrid build

You can sub a few points here and there, but this gives you great DPS with enough mitigations to tank anything below a HM Op. you could drop a few points and move them over to Decimate in the Rage tree (love that talent), but this gives you the best aspects of the immortal tree with the best aspects of the vengeance tree. you can adjust to your taste.

But up to level 20, I prefer a very specific approach. once you hit 20, you can respec and go fully into vengeance. once you get up to impale (and deafening defense) you can start in the immortal tree. But before 20, here's where i put my points. the idea is to maximize what your getting from the few measly points you have prior to 20. max out these skills in this order:

Enraged Sunder

Decimate

Single Saber Mastery

that gives you extra rage at those lower levels where rage is hard to come by. it also gives you an extra 3% defense in Soresu, and 6% force damage in shii-cho. and it reduces your smash CD (which is a big damage dealer early on) and increases it's damage. those are by far the best skills pre-20 you can get on your Jugg. once your 20, just respec into the vengeance tree, making sure you pick up Shien form, and work your way up from there.