The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Tanking Gear, where do I go from here?

tenghowe

I've been grinding a lot of Black Hole Mods and re-modding my gear, and I've been clearing HM EC with my guild consistently. Just wonder if anyone has any comments what could be improved through buyable Black Hole items or Campaign gear, I know there are some upgrades around but those are random drops from HM EC.

My gear: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/76c98464-d1c2-4c4e-b137-828a8d1f77a0

Pretty solid. You have a few more mod-mods you can trade out to get more E+DSA (Weighted 26 -> Weighted 26B, etc.). Upgrade your Rakata implants to Black Hole Demolisher (MK-1 from the vendor, or possibly MK-2 from a drop). Personally I would trade out the Endurance augments for shield/absorb, but that's a judgment call. And lastly, the Campaign shield proc relic is arguably better than the WH relics... if you can stomach the Daily comm grind. :/ Edited by CitizenFry

And lastly, the Campaign shield proc relic is arguably better than the WH relics... if you can stomach the Daily comm grind. :/

Is there any evidence to support this somewhere? I recently switched from campaign proc to pvp relic, but now that you say this I'm not sure anymore. Just wondering if anyone had put some numbers somewhere that show the difference between the two. Also, does the heat reduction proc from shielding factor into that decision?