Sentinel Watchman taking A LOT of damage

AnonJoen

I'm a lvl 50 sentinel watchman (and I've completed the whole story), and I take A LOT of damage while fighting mobs. Even against a lvl 46 strong, I'm at 44% health when the fight is over (without companion).

Without buffs, I have a max health of 12930. Now, my gear ain't complete yet - I'm working on it - but everything is lvl 49 or lvl 50 customizable gear (except my belt, which is a [prototype] Ancient Ardent Blade's Waistcord). All my enhancements are blue Acute Enhancement 22, except for 2 which are Advanced Acute Enhancement 22.

My skill tree.

A few specs (without buffs)

Strength 1107

Presence 263

Aim 64

Cunning 68

Endurance 1043

Willpower 118

Expertise 0

Melee

Damage (Pri): 510 - 646

Damage (sec): 179 - 269

Bonus damage: 238.9

Accuracy: 99,89%

Crit chance: 24.15%

Critical multiplier: 56.67%

Defense

Health: 12930

Armor rating: 2932

Damage reduction: 21.35%

Defense chance: 5.00%

This is my first char so is this normal, or am I doing something wrong ?

Edited by AnonJoen

If you play without companion you're guaranteed to take more damage then necessary. However since you don't even have columi gear, I'm going to assume that the gear plays a big part in it as well.

Start doing some lvl 50 HM flashpoints and get some real gear instead of that blue mod crap.

Also which spec do you play? and what rotation do you use for pve? since gear isn't worth anything if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by Stealios

Doubt I'll be able to do a lvl 50 HM FP with my gear, but tnx for the advice.

This my starter to open the fight:

Force Leap, Overload Saber, Zealous Strike, Cauterize, Merciless Slash, Master Strike

After this I use the following rotation:

Zen, Overload Saber, Cauterize, Merciless Slash, Zealous Strike, Force Leap, Master Strike, Slash

Edited by AnonJoen

Doubt I'll be able to do a lvl 50 HM FP with my gear, but tnx for the advice.

This my starter to open the fight:

Force Leap, Overload Saber, Zealous Strike, Cauterize, Merciless Slash, Master Strike

After this I use the following rotation:

Zen, Overload Saber, Cauterize, Merciless Slash, Zealous Strike, Force Leap, Master Strike, Slash

lvl 50 HM FP's are easy and your opener is at least right.

However what you post after that as 'rotation' is not possible and will never happen right after your opener or without building up to at least 10 focus.

What you should be doing is keeping a priority rotation where you use overload saber everytime it's ready and always go cauterize > merciless slash.

Also you want to make sure you keep up 3 stacks of merc slash to keep the cooldown at 7.5 secs instead of 12.

then in between when you can't use any of those skills use zealous strike, strike & slash as fillers.

Hard Mode FPs aren't too difficult especially if you use group finder you are likely to get in with a couple people, at least, that are overgeared and just getting their daily BH comms. Just stick with it and keep doing your dailies on Belsavis and Black Hole. Group up for the Belsavis heroics and between the Advanced mods you get as heroic rewards, the armorings and hilts you can buy with daily comms, and drops you find you will increase your damage and survivability. From there it's just staying with it and grabbing the Tionese and Columi gear as it comes.