What if: TOR movie

DarthNovas

What if there was a movie based in The Old Republic, with all our favourite characters like Revan.

Personally I think that it would be an automatic success due to the Star Wars name tag causing a lot of people to just go see it. Assuming it was made well it could generate A LOT of interest in: SWTOR/KOTOR, the existing 6 and ultimately see a potentially massive profit for the Lucas Arts franchise in general.

Opinions?

Would you see it? (Seeing as this is a Star Wars forum I am assuming 99% will say yes...)

Would it be a good or bad idea for them to do something like this?

Wont happen.

But I would love it if it were possible.

In fact I wouldnt mind a little short-movie by the guys behind the trailers, but a short CGI trailer like that cost way over 20 million...

So a movie would be friggen hopeless..

I think that could work, it would open like A New Hope did - with the endar spire being hounded by a imperial ship :D the games also do have a cinematic feel to them - its more story focused than others i've played - and more complex. It'll happen when bioware eventually take over lucasarts ;)

The Old Republic era would certainly be a great time period for a series of new Star Wars movie. The Post-ROTJ era is already saturated with EU materials whereas the TOR era is, well, a "clean slate". While not exactly a reboot of the Star Wars universe, a series of movies that take place in TOR era would introduce new audiences to the Star Wars Universe like how reboot help introduce new audiences to movies.

As for movie storyline and content, I just want war, a lot of war. The story can take place after the story of SWTOR and it will chronicle the story of the Second Great Galactic War that would lead to the total destruction of the galaxy. If there is a winner, it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Instead of the Sith Emperor as the enemy, what if the Emperor is weakened by the Hero of Tython to the point that the Dark Council took over as the leader of the Sith Empire. Therefore, instead of fight the ultimate bad guy (the Emperor), the Republic would fight the Dark Council.

As for featuring our characters, instead of outright showing them on the big screen, we can drop subtle hints and easter eggs of them throughout the movie. A lot of people were upset when they created a canonical Revan for TOR (On my server at least. Whenever I ran MP, I often read, "My Revan is a girl." "My Revan returned to the Dark Side." "My Revan is Black.") Examples...

-In the obligated Republic politic scene, we can show former members of the Rift Alliance mentioning that the Barsen'thor restored their hope in the Republic.

-Darth Tormen, after killing a subordinate, mentioning that he gets better result from a Bounty Hunter he once hired (Grand Champion of the Great Hunt)

I would mind if the people that made the trailers made a moive with th same engine of the trailers. It's better than crappy animated clone wars moive.

You wouldn't mind, right? I came across a few trailers made with SWTOR in-game footages that are quite good.

Smuggler

Jedi Knight

Imperial Agent

Edited by Contin_gency

I movie showcasing TOR would be great publicity for the game, and LucasArts should do that.

But personally, if it could only be *ONE* movie made, then I'd rather see something from the Golden Age of the Sith. Now *THAT* is a pretty clean slate, unlike TOR times. And it wouldnt have any effect on gameplay and the TOR timeline.

I would mind if the people that made the trailers made a moive with th same engine of the trailers. It's better than crappy animated clone wars moive.

Blur Studio they are awesome.

http://vz3.blur.com/work/page/1

So much Trailers/ Game intro :D

But personally, if it could only be *ONE* movie made, then I'd rather see something from the Golden Age of the Sith. Now *THAT* is a pretty clean slate, unlike TOR times. And it wouldnt have any effect on gameplay and the TOR timeline.

That would be awesome, Naga Sadow story

P.s. I still think of him being Superior to Sidious.

Edited by ElitehunterDS