Little confused, as to what abilitys to use and which to bin now i am a merc

dazzaw

As the title says, Im a little confused as to what abilities I should use and which to bin, but id like to know why if i should bin an ability. Ive gone arsenal spec

cheers

i am only in the 20s so i am not an expert, but what i have read is that

missile blast should be off your bar once you leave DK (this i figured out stinks on my own)

and powershot should pretty much be replaced with tracer missile

It depends on your level, once I got to level 20 and got tracer missiles (which most of the upper arsenal tree is built around) I moved some of the lesser used skills off my main keys. Even though I do not use a great deal of melee skills I still have them handy for when a mob/player closes the distance, rocket punch hits a close up target very hard, plus has a knockback from afterburner skill box.

I use mostly tracer missile (to stack to 5 as fast as possible and refresh it as needed), rail shot (with tracer lock stacked at 5 it adds 30% damage, 6% per stack), Unload (tracer and powershot have a chance to reset the cooldown and increase the damage on the next use of unload by 25% if you spec "barrage") the rest will be what you use, such as Death from Above, various missile attacks, CC's etc.

Hope this helps :D

Try this rotation, its one that im using at level 20 and seems to be going well!

ExplosiveDart > Flame Thrower > Unload > Tracer Missile (or missile blast) > Power Shot until Explosive dart is up

Or

Fusion Missile > Death From Above > Flame Thrower > Unload > Tracer Missile (or missile blast) > Power Shot

See what you think! :)

Try this rotation, its one that im using at level 20 and seems to be going well!

ExplosiveDart > Flame Thrower > Unload > Tracer Missile (or missile blast) > Power Shot until Explosive dart is up

Or

Fusion Missile > Death From Above > Flame Thrower > Unload > Tracer Missile (or missile blast) > Power Shot

See what you think! :)

i would say that you should not use missile blast in place of tracer missile, ever.

also, flamethrower only seems to be a good dmg/heat/time if there is more than one mob.

at lvl 22 or so i use this rotation

on groups:

death from above (usually everything dies, or rapid shot the last bits of health)

if not, then i use dart for more aoe, and rail shot anyone still standing

on single:

im not totally set on my opener, but ive been using

Exp Dart > Tracer missile x 5, rail shot. then either unload or fusion missile, then

exp dart again. I alternate between tracer and rail if its up, or any other ability if its not, to keep 5x tracer

death from above and flame thrower can add too much heat. mobs also heal at higher levels so if you dont kill them off quick enough they will heal off all of the aoe damage from death from above and other skills, it pays more to do single targeting abilities

my rotation is explosive dart (on weak mobs) > fusion missile > tracer missile x3 (x5 if not specced) > rail shot > unload. im only lvl 26 so i dont have barrage yet so tracer missile is my main form of damage right now. electro dart, ft, and rocket punch are used in special occasions because of their cd and/or heat and if im screwing around with weak mobs ill throw some extra attacks in