The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow Balanced to weak for operations

psikofunkster

im using noxi guide, full columi with some black hole and rakata implants, however during operations i feel the toon too weak it can't survive without a healer being constantly healing him, hate that. Is there a way to improve the shadow?

I mean is dps and it makes good damage no complain there.

Edited by psikofunkster

I don't want to come off as "one of those guys" but are you sure you're avoiding all the avoidable damage? My Shadow isn't up to raiding yet but I've healed raids where we had 2 balance Shadows and I never had a problem with them. But I have absolutely had problems healing people that haven't learned my personal mantra of "Circles bad (aside form the Golden Ring of Awesome). Fire bad."I'm not trying to say you don't know what you're doing but it can get pretty intense at moments and you may not realize that you're taking some damage that could be avoided. Try playing with the camera distance set to max if you aren't already.

Melee classes will generate around 20% more threat than the ranged classes. If you're doing a considerable amount of damage in close proximity you could be drawing a little more aggro. The tank should be guarding the highest DPS (or the healer, not getting into that discussion) in a raid as they are the most likely to pull aggro besides them.

Sorry I don't have more concrete suggestions as my shadow hasn't gotten high enough up to try any HM FP's/Ops. But from the standpoint of a healer the only time it gets really hard to heal a non tank is during raid wide damage spikes and someone deciding to check out what that blue circle on the ground is all about.

im using noxi guide, full columi with some black hole and rakata implants, however during operations i feel the toon too weak it can't survive without a healer being constantly healing him, hate that. Is there a way to improve the shadow?

I mean is dps and it makes good damage no complain there.

If your DPS and your require constant healing, then you are standing in the bad stuff too often. simple as that. Or, and this happens allot I've noticed...your attacking a different mob then the tank is. make sure you are on the same mob as the tank is. Enable your "target of target" health bar in the UI editor. if you are on a mob, and the mob has you targeted, thats bad. the mob should have the tank targeted.

It may be your standing too close to the front of the boss, and catching cleave attacks, your in the wrong spot

You may be getting rained on and not moving in time

if there's green gas in the air, get away from it. same goes with ANY circle or color or weird glowy thing on the ground. If you don't know what it is, get out of it.

beyond that, pay attention to boss mechanics. like on the twin tanks in Denova...there are specific points that DPS have to get under a shield fast...or you take lots of damage. stuff like that. But there is no Ops at this point in the game (currently doing HM Denova myself), that you should as a DPS require a constant healer.

If your Tank....that's a different story. rotations, using your CD's effectively, it's beyond the scope of my post-that-is-already-too-long. but there are tanking writeups galore...check out darthhater.com forums as an example. Hope this helps.