SWTOR Lifetime Subscription at F2P Launch?

foxylove

I'm thinking that with the launching of a f2p model perhaps you can offer a lifetime subscriptionof f2p which gives you special items or possible in game perks.

Perhaps a special mount, pet, and extra cartel coin bonus beyond the current cartel coin retroactive payments all subscribers are entitled to. Maybe even a 120% mount?

I'd be willing to pay upwards of $200-$300 for a lifetime subscription for SWTOR depending on the extra goodies.

What do you guys think? What do you think is a fair price for a lifetime subscription? What types of amenities/ in game items/perks would you like associated with it?

I was willing to buy a lifetime sub to a mmo once and would be willing to do so again, especially for this game, if it was possible. 200-250$ seems like a fair price, even without extras they might have thrown our way.

Personally I have little interest in pets/mounts but I am sure more creative people could come out with something cool as a reward :p

Overally a good idea, hope it happens in the near future!

Ok.. Time for some math..

15x12=180.. So that is $180 dollars a year for a single subscription..

If it goes as long as SWG or even WOW.. That is at least 8 years.. Which comes to $1440 for an 8 year membership..

Life time?? Bioware and EA are taking a risk because they can't change you more subscription money.. So don't look for anything under at least $1200 dollars for a life time membership.. Could be more than that.. Depends on how long Bioware and or EA have determined the life of the game to be..

So.. I doubt it will be around $200 dollars or so.. You would be lucky to pay less than $1k.. Any less than that and they would most likely be losing money.. Just saying.. :cool:

Edited by MajikMyst

That really depends.

Lord of the RIngs Online had a lifetime sub option before they launched f2p (not sure if it is still possible now, dropped the game a few months back) and I hopped at the possibility right away. It's not like many players do so, in fact I belive only a handful of people go for such an option but those that do still need to pay up for the bigger expansions, some buy additional in-game currency (Cartel Coins here) so the developers still get cash AND have a steady player base. Everybody wins :)

I was willing to buy a lifetime sub to a mmo once and would be willing to do so again, especially for this game, if it was possible. 200-250$ seems like a fair price, even without extras they might have thrown our way.

I wouldnt pay more than $250 unless the benefits were really great. But I'm sure Bioware could use the extra cash.