31/0/10 Kinetic Build

EScott

Hey all:

I have been searching the forums and the web all day and can't seem to find the elusive 31/0/10 Kinetic tank build. The links to TORHead in the 2.0 Shadow Guide sticky aren't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[edit] I guess I should have added before that I will be playing mainly PvE.

Thanks!

Edited by EScott
More Information

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsrokrskbsZZf0cM.2

I tend to go with this build over the one you linked above. The only difference is two points in Shadowsight instead of Nervewracking. The reason being is that Shadowsight gives +defense and the Nervewracking is merely situational in PvP and on trash. It does nothing for you if you're up against a mob that cannot be controlled, at that point they are points just simply doing nothing.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIrokrskbsZZf0cM.2

I prefer this build. Only difference here is I take the two points out of applied force and put them into Mental Fortitude. I just don't use Double Strike enough to really justify the two points in it for 6% more damage. I'd say the extra healing I get from 2% more endurance, almost completely trivial as it is, is better than 6% more damage on an ability that I very rarely use, and which feels like it misses a lot in operations anyway.

Great Talent for PVP Hybrid, pretty meh for PVE tanking, though that could be said of many of the low level talents (then again, some of them are quite awesome).

Either way the above poster is spot on in taking Shadowsight over Nerve Wracking. On the only things that ever matter Nerve Wracking won't.

I like nerve racking if only for fp trash. I don't see any use really for +1 or 2% endurance or rapid recovery. Does it make that much of a difference considering you have the effect can't happen more then once every 4.5 secs? I would almost argue for expertise. I haven't tanked EC yet though so I'll leave it to you guys to tell me I'm wrong. But I can see where you are coming from as far as you can swap. I am looking to change my build a little. I currently have 2 in nerve racking and 1 in mental fortitude.