Genius idea #234: PVP Conversation System?

mourasantos

I don't understand the point of this. Why not just type out what you want to say? Can you explain the benefits in detail to us simple minded folk?

Even though you might not notice it, every time you go the chat-box to communicate to another player you're rupturing the illusion that was set up by the game. Think of this system as a means for you to stay in character while circumventing said rupture. Of course, you could always fall back on the traditional method of just typing up whatever you're intending to communicate to the other player whenever you'd want.

This is obviously very far-fetched but, to me at least, presents some mouth-watering possibilities, especially as it relates to narrative. For instance, you know when a group is presented with two options and the player who wins the roll goes for the option everyone else was against? Well imagine being able to voice your discontent in-game, through a fully voiced cutscene. Imagine a fight breaking out, the group fragmenting, tearing itself apart, all because of series of conversation choices.

It's the least feasible of my ideas, but still worth ruminating over, I think.

Edited by mourasantos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.