Scoundrel Dirty Fighting, need tips.

DarthVoi

I've tried Dirty Fighting in solo/PvE. I start with Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb, go in with Blaster Whip, then use Wounding Shots, that tend to kill one mob immediately but left me drained of energy, I can only imagine how barren I'd be once I reach 40 and get Hemo Blast. If I start with Blaster Whip, uses Pugnacity first, then I last longer but hardly worthwhile soloing mission mobs, and in flash points couldn't kill trash effectively.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Hemo Blast doesn't cost any energy, actually! So it actually gives you a GCD worth of breathing room and energy regen when you use it.

Although in regard to your other concerns, you basically need to just not use too much energy to keep your regen at its max (above 60) by using your basic white damage attack. And with the way the spec works, there's no real workaround for trash mobs. Heavy frontloaded burst is better there, and I generally rely on Charge Burst and Sabotage probe in trash fights instead.

(I do play Lethality Operative, so pardon me if a few names of abilities are wrong, but I'm pretty sure I got them right.)

When doing questing or just killing trash mobs you aren't really going to be using your bleeds and DoT's on everything. I know it sounds kinda backwards but trash mobs frankly don't live long enough for them to be useful. Once you are fighting gold or boss mobs then you can think about using bleeds as a staple for your damage.

Approaching trash you are gonna more or less play like a scrapper. You stealth in and tranq one target usually the most threatening (silver) then open up with a shoot first/backblast blasterwhip. This should take down or almost take down one mob if not finish them off with a flurry or quick shot. Next mob use your thermal grenade and use your cheapshot or headshot while they are on the ground.

On the tranq'ed mob what I like to do is pop a sab charge (doesn't break tranq as no damage is done), hit them when Vital Shot (again does not break tranq as there is no initial damage on shot) then bust out with backblast->blasterwhip. This should give you a well enough head start to finish the remaining person off.