110% Accuracy

TheBetty

Hey Guys,

I'm a Rakata/Blackhole geared Carnage Mara, pulling some pretty good deeps. I'm 74% surge (almost capped) and my crit is like 33% without Agent buff.

My accuracy is in the order of 106% which I have been led to believe is a bit low. All the forums and guides I could find have typically told me that you need to aim for 110% (this is going back a while though :p). Reasoning of course, was that an op boss drops your accuracy by 10%.

However I have been looking at other Mara's and their accuracy is in the order of 90%. I even had a random Mara tell me off about mine being way too high.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is aiming for 110% accuracy no longer valid? Or is it just about capping yourself in other respects and stacking strength and power?

Only 1 skill uses the Accuracy stat that is listed on your character sheet.

Assault.

Every single other offensive skill has the "isSpecial" flag set, which provides a 10% Acc boost.

People who recommend 110% Accuracy should be ambiguously referring to Special Accuracy, or they are just wrong.

The only reason to move beyond 100% Accuracy (as listed on your character sheet) is if, for some reason, you decide a few missed swings in Assault isn't tolerable. Given that Assault is purely filler for Rage generation, is a tiny slice of overall DPS, and gearing to cap Accuracy on it reduces how close to optimal your gear is for the other ~97% of your DPS, I can't imagine why anyone would worry.

106% is actually 6% too much, I'd pull out at least 1 Accuracy enhancement and replace it with Power/Surge.

Then I'd go back and respec out Narrowed Hatred, because it's a junk skill.

Edited by Omophorus