The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Augmented WH = Rakata??

bumpy_anderson

I've been thinking about finding a group to run some HMs with. With that being said, I'm an assault VG in Augmented WH (min/maxed to an extent). What would be the limitations with this as far as pve is concerned?

You should be able to do any content. A fully WH augmented Assault vanguard can pull his weight in HM Denova. Just know the fights and don't die and you should be fine. If you can parse on the operations dummy for at least 1500, you should be fine dps wise.

Edited by bbare

Your gear is certainly fine for any of the existing flashpoints. You're probably fine for hard mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, as well. I don't know how well you'll fare in Explosive Conflict, but the hardest part of that operation is really the mechanics and not the gear check, IMO.

As the above poster said, check your DPS against the operations training dummy. 1200 DPS in a "real" fight is plenty to clear all existing content - if you can get over 1300 DPS in a 5+ minute fight against the dummy, that should suffice.

Don't forget to respec for PVE - almost anything related to slows, snares, or stuns is wasted in PVE, even if it's great for PVP.

Edited by CitizenFry

Your gear is certainly fine for any of the existing flashpoints. You're probably fine for hard mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, as well. I don't know how well you'll fare in Explosive Conflict, but the hardest part of that operation is really the mechanics and not the gear check, IMO.

As the above poster said, check your DPS against the operations training dummy. 1200 DPS in a "real" fight is plenty to clear all existing content - if you can get over 1300 DPS in a 5+ minute fight against the dummy, that should suffice.

Don't forget to respec for PVE - almost anything related to slows, snares, or stuns is wasted in PVE, even if it's great for PVP.

I don't agree with the 1200 number. It takes more than 1200 dps per dps to beat the enrages on HM Denova and Nightmare Pilgrim. 1300 is probably the number you should shoot for in a raid, just to be safe.